my laptop's Hard disk crashed. So is there any way to install windows xp in a memory card.
Have a nice day! :)

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Do you mean like an SD memory card, for a phone?

yes, but i have a pen-drive(4gb) also.

I've never heard of booting Windows from a memory card but I think you can have a bootable flash for it

do you mean to run it from the memory card,instead of you laptops harddrive , or use the memory card to reinstall windows on you laptop.

i use this program to install the win7 ISO to my thumbdrive,for installing win7 from the thumbdrive .
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help#

No way! you can't install a window in memory card.
GoodLuck

my laptop's Hard disk crashed. So is there any way to install windows xp in a memory card.
Have a nice day! :)

1.Connect the memory stick to a memory stick slot on your computer. If your computer does not have a memory stick slot, obtain a memory card reader and plug the card reader into an available USB port.

2.Power on your computer. Depending on your computer, press the "ESC," F2" or "F10" key on your keyboard to access the BIOS option when prompted.

3.Wait for the computer to detect your memory stick, and once the computer recognizes your memory stick, select it as the primary boot disk for installing XP.

4.Press the "Esc" button to exit BIOS and resume with normal boot-up.

5.Click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop.

6.Find the memory stick drive, and double-click to open the browser window.

7.Find your Windows XP installation file, and double-click to begin the installation process.

8.Follow the on-screen instructions for installation.

9.Restart your computer once the process is complete to finish installation of your Windows XP.

10.Read more: How to Install XP on a Memory Stick

you can refer questions to this site: http://www.techyv.com/

1.Connect the memory stick to a memory stick slot on your computer. If your computer does not have a memory stick slot, obtain a memory card reader and plug the card reader into an available USB port.

2.Power on your computer. Depending on your computer, press the "ESC," F2" or "F10" key on your keyboard to access the BIOS option when prompted.

3.Wait for the computer to detect your memory stick, and once the computer recognizes your memory stick, select it as the primary boot disk for installing XP.

4.Press the "Esc" button to exit BIOS and resume with normal boot-up.

5.Click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop.

6.Find the memory stick drive, and double-click to open the browser window.

7.Find your Windows XP installation file, and double-click to begin the installation process.

8.Follow the on-screen instructions for installation.

9.Restart your computer once the process is complete to finish installation of your Windows XP.

10.Read more: How to Install XP on a Memory Stick

you can refer questions to this site:

original poster harddrive has crashed ,kind of hard for them to as you suggest

really dont works ha ha ha

@rakibtg

You could do what caperjack suggested but if your hard disk crashed, shouldn't you get a new one?

ya i think so

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.