Hi,
After a several month hiatus, I downloaded the latest version of Filezilla, with plans to use it for FTP. I got an error, and when I run the network connection test, I get the results shown at the bottom of this post. I have disabled my Windows 7 firewall, so all that is left is my Motorola SBG5680 modem, right? Can anyone diagnose what is going on and tell me what I should do to connect? Advice is much appreciated.

Connecting to probe.filezilla-project.org
Response: 220 FZ router and firewall tester ready
USER FileZilla
Response: 331 Give any password.
PASS 3.5.3
Response: 230 logged on.
Checking for correct external IP address
Retrieving external IP address from h ttp://ip.filezilla-project.org/ip.php
Checking for correct external IP address
IP 67.184.145.53 gh-bie-bef-fd
Response: 200 OK
PREP 51253
Response: 200 Using port 51253, data token 1426734314
PORT 67,184,145,53,200,53
Connection timed out.
Connection closed

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is the error you get when you actually run this from your computer. The test results you posted above look OK.

Jorge,
The message I get from Filezilla is that it times out, like the network test does.
Thanks
Matt

Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

So, your test results in the first post look fine. Ok, so have you verified that the target system "allamericanbird.com" does have FTP services listening and they allow this traffic through their firewall?

to validate whether you client is working properly, try accessing an FTP site that you know for sure works with other FTP client software.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.