I bought some new ink for my printer I took out the old ink then replaced it with the one I just bought and now my printer is not working help please

Was the ink you purchased from the printer manufacturer? Also, what is the make/model of your printer? Some manufacturers these days are embedding chips into their ink cartridges in order to block other ink manufacturers from selling product for their printers - so if you get an aftermarket product, it may "brick" your printer.

The biggest problem are people that sell manufacturer-branded inks, but that aren't - sometimes they don't even know! Then you are stuck with a non-function printer. Lexmark is (in)famous for this, and have been sued for this activity - making it impossible for legitimate after-market ink vendors to provide functional ink cartridges for their printers. It is (in my opinion) an illegal monopoly!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.