Hi,
Can any one of you help to sort this out? My microphone produces kind of a noise which really disturbs me. I tried the mic in several ways.. using the Soun Recorder (sndrec32). It seems all my audio settings are correct. I'm suspecting it to be a hardware problem. But I dont know how to troubleshoot it. Can anyone of you instruct me how to avoid this strange noise?

The mic settings in palyaback:
- it was first set at maximum and after that I unchecked it to see whether I can hear any noise. Damn it! it does!
- Both Alternative Microphone and Microphone Boost are disable. (Indeed if I enable Microphone Boost, it increases the noise.)

About the inbuilt audio hardware:

I tried to install the device drivers using the drivers avaible in mercury-pc.com my motherborad is KOB845Gx (there are no drivers avialable for this particular motherboard thus I installed the driver set for KOB 845GL NDSMx, assuming this is it's closest matching driver set available. Apart from this, I tried few drivers from driverguide.com assuming that there might be some driver incompatibilites within the existing driver set).

I noticed a very strange thing in this system. When I installed the chipset drivers, it installed the audio controller automatically which say it's C-Madia Audio Controller(Windows XP Profession, Service Pack 2). But I uninstalled this device and tried reinstalling the driver for Intel(r) 82801DB/DBM/DA AC '97 Contoller because I saw a chip on motherboard with this number: Intel FW82802DB. I'm not sure whether this is the audio controller so I browsed the web to see what it could be, it turned out to be the audio controller for Intel Chipset of the Kob845G series motherboards from Mercury. That put me in a real confusion! I straightaway downloaded the driver and installed the respective driver from Intel for this particular controller with this id. But no luck still the microphone produces the sound!!!!

I have failed in all my attemps finally writing for an assistance from you.

I appreciate your assistance.
circuitmollusc

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

maybe your mic's broken, get a new one

maybe your mic's broken, get a new one

Thanks a lot TheNNS!

Indeed, I tried a mic from a friend who uses this mic in his laptop that used to talk via Skype. I tried that mic in my system, it produces the same noise! I tried my mic in his laptop and surprisingly there is no problem! Voice was really clear! I forgot to mention about that in my previous message, I tried it before I wrote my previous message.

I can even record the sound and can talk via Skype as well, but this noise is really disturbing the person in the other end cant bear to listen to me, rather my voice isnt clear! You know the sound that you get when a radio is not tuned!!! A sound very simialr to that!

Could it be a problem with my chipset drivers or a problem of an outdated BIOS? A problem with my mic port? Speaker is ok, no problem, I can listem to music, no disturbing sound!

I have no known problem with my Windows, all the applications run smoothly. (Except the problem with this microphone).

Any other solution?

well, that's strange, have you tried reinstalling the software your mic uses? I don't think it's the drivers and I don't think it's an outdated BIOS, becuase your mic wokred before, right?

i would reinstall skype and try it. other than that i really don't know

well, that's strange, have you tried reinstalling the software your mic uses? I don't think it's the drivers and I don't think it's an outdated BIOS, becuase your mic wokred before, right?

i would reinstall skype and try it. other than that i really don't know

The mic works with Windows Sound Recorder (sndrec32) but it produces the same strange noise! I tried reinstalling skype several times. I'm very much sure that this problem is not related to Skype in anyway. Because it works with Skype 2.5.0.130 insatalled on my friend's laptop.

Hey, one more thing to ask about installing Skype, when I install the Skype 2.5.0.130, it doesnt start up. But Skype 2.0.0.81 works very well. What could be a possible problem?

i really don't know why your mic isn't working, it couldn't be the drivers, maybe it's to close to the speakers? that's what happened to me once. and i don't know why skype doesn't work.

i really don't know why your mic isn't working, it couldn't be the drivers, maybe it's to close to the speakers? that's what happened to me once. and i don't know why skype doesn't work.

Well, what I'm using is a headphone in which mic is located pretty close to the headphone speaker. But the surprising thing is that this headphone has no problem when used with my friend's laptop.

in that case contact your laptop manufacturer and tell them what your problem is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.