1.11M Members

help! my keyboard does french é instead of question marks

i just bought a microsoft wireless keyboard and the question mark and coma are both È how do i swap it back to the english version of the keyboard. its driving me insane not being able to use question marks.

thanks

People give the wrong advice to this problem all the time. This is how you fix it...you ready?

PRESS SHIFT AND CONTROL AT THE SAME TIME.
Fixed. :)

AWSOME!! thank you!

wow thanks stepside

Works Great

eeee??????????/////////?///?????//////////////????eee

LOL WUT?

french haters
you live in Canada, the official language is french, relax!
just press shirt and 6 at the same time. I got used to it!
Vive le Français!

homme vert, thank you so freaking much! i was in the middle of writing something, and since i was used to using my english keyboard, at school i always press the thing but it gives the é by just pressing it like normally. thank u so very much :)

Hehe mine is wacked to and all i do is press shift and 6 its qiute simple!

You may also press ctrl+shift+shift. This works for my Dell laptop.

I had the same problem with my Dell. There was a (default) hotkey combo set when I installed Windows 7. I disabled it by going to

Control Panel -> Region and Language -> Keyboards and Languages

click on Change Keyboards...

select the Advanced Key Settings tab

You can set or disable the hotkeys here.

ctrl + shift do not voooorkkk :@

Merci beaucoup kind sir. This is much appreciated. By the way, I needed to press LSHIFT+RSHIFT+LCTRL.

I had to press left shit+right shift+left control +right control for my Compaq! Wow what a pain that was! I was in the dark on how to fix it for a long time!

You Canadians are weird :-P

@ Stepside, YOU ARE A GENIUS!

noo eniemeenie... you just press ctrl + shift... then press shift + the button that bears the "?"

I am trying to fix this same issue you had in the past- with the french e instead of the question mark - I always get the fix mixed up!

thanks i had the problem and now it is fiked

You
Tags Related to this Article