I recently bought a 3DTV (today, in fact. Just waiting for it to arrive early next week) and the only thing I need is an HDMI cable which can carry a 3D signal since my current one is only v1.3 which I believe cannot carry a 3D signal. I know that in terms of picture quality, there is little to no difference between the top of the range and bottom of the range so the main thing I'm looking for is the durability. The reason why I didn't buy an HDMI cable with the TV is because the cheapest one they sold was £29.99 ($48.83).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent HDMI cable? I've set myself a budget of £15 (~$24) but obviously would prefer to spend a lot less.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Which country are you in now? I see from your profile you are in England but why do you change the currency?

There is a link here you can take a look at. I personally use the SIIG Ultra cable but that is a bit costly so i would not recommend you that.

http://hdmi-cables-review.toptenreviews.com/

I recently bought a 3DTV (today, in fact. Just waiting for it to arrive early next week) and the only thing I need is an HDMI cable which can carry a 3D signal since my current one is only v1.3 which I believe cannot carry a 3D signal. I know that in terms of picture quality, there is little to no difference between the top of the range and bottom of the range so the main thing I'm looking for is the durability. The reason why I didn't buy an HDMI cable with the TV is because the cheapest one they sold was £29.99 ($48.83).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent HDMI cable? I've set myself a budget of £15 (~$24) but obviously would prefer to spend a lot less.

I think for better quality picture, you should choose HDMI cable.

Try AmazonBasics, they make their own cables that are really inexpensive. I just got a bunch they seem great.

I have heard that there isn't any difference in DVI and HDMI 1.4 cable
You can run 3D on DVI as well

I have heard that there isn't any difference in DVI and HDMI 1.4 cable
You can run 3D on DVI as well

do many tv's /DVD players have DVI connections

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.