hi all,
I have added internal 500gb SATA hard disk to motherboard.now total space is 500gb + 80gb (previous harddisk.) I have created 7 partitions for new harddisk.about 70 gb approx.previous 5 partitions..total partitions are 12.there are videos and audios on new disk but on playing them, system lags..CPU usage is around50-60% .sound and video slows down..but when I play audio and video from old disk everything is normal.xp is installed only in old disk.I have 1.12gb RAM.motherboard is Intel d102ggc2.supports 800/533 Mhz system bus..is there any hardware compatibility problem or is it processor is outdated ??? I had even increased virtual memory for each drive..but same problem..plz help me out..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Logical partitions with multiple pagefiles on the same physical disk isn't going to help you increase performance.

Which application/process is using up the CPU?

hello sir,
problem persists even if paging is not done for each drive.I have freed 3 out of 4 logical partitions of extended partition and made 2partitions unallocated out of 3 primary partition.but still the problem of slow moving of data and mouse pointer exists.In task manager all processes are normal but cpu usage is above 51% all the time while copying or moving data from new to old disk.clicking activities take CPU usage upto 75% and bring back to 51 % while data is still copying or moving PF usage is 254mb.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.