Hi guys, i have a toshiba laptop the model is a305-s6858 and i'm wondering if my laptop contains a pci express card and can i use for example a vidock? I just want to add an external graphic card to my laptop in order to be able to play games and/or edit with 3d programs (which i tend to use a lot) Please help me. Here is the site of vidocks http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock The help would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone knows and tells me which of all the vidock versions is the maximum i can handle i can truly say i know no great way to appreciate all this help. Please help? contact me at chrisfernam@gmail.com

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Most current laptops have pci-x hardware, but no easy way for a user to connect to them, other than via a docking station, or in the case of the ViDock devices, via the ExpressCard port, which this model should have.

ok thank you. Yes i noticed my laptop has an express card slot; However, is there a limit to which version of vidock my laptop can handle? For instance, how can i know if version 1, 2 or 3 of the vidocks function in my laptop? I'm very curious about each of the vidock's certifications because i'm considering of buying one very soon. I want to get the best one possible. Thanks for the help by the way and can you help me with this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.