CaerenLoh,
The problem as most of us on this and other forums have experienced comes from a single Chrome "add on". TV for Google Chrome.

I had it - never used it. Once I removed the TV for Google Chrome add on, the problem popup's went away. FYI - In my case all of the popups were aggrevating, but "safe websites" according to Norton's.

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Thanks, THP

All you need to do to fix the problem is reset your homepage. Make sure you have one page open (the one you prefer as your homepage) go to tools then options click general and set homepage. Problem solved no need to over spam check your computer.

I'm also getting this same problem right now, facebook kept on opening multiple tabs even though my google chrome is closed so what I did is I uninstalled google chrome. Now the same problem is occuring to IE. What am I going to do?

I'm also getting this same problem right now, facebook kept on opening multiple tabs even though my google chrome is closed so what I did is I uninstalled google chrome. Now the same problem is occuring to IE. What am I going to do?

I am also facing same problem, I don't even have TV for Google Chrome add on installed on my system. The problem started once I installed the flv player recommended by a website, I am sure it had installed some adware virus and that is opening unknown websites in my Google Chrome browser so that they can earn for free, I will also like to mention that this issue is not related to any particular browser, it will effect any browser that you have kept as your DEFAULT browser when your system gets effected by such adware virus, some adware viruses also hold the tendency to switch to different web browers the moment you change your DEFAULT web browser. This problem could be of very mediocre type if the anti-virus softwares are able to detect such adware viruses easily, it becomes severe when the adware viruses are able to bypass the anti-virus scan. Hence I kindly request to everyone who is facing the similar issue to try different antiviruses, antimalwares, antispywares, antiadwares, etc to find the one that works. It would be helpful if we can mention the name of the antiviruses, antimalwares, antispywares, antiadwares or any other softwares that we are trying so that the other person can try with a different software. I have scanned my system with NOD32 and it failed to detect that particular adware virus. I hope my words prove helpful to everyone who read it. Thanks and Blessings.

Well for ME, "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium" with latest database version had done the trick and had resolved the issue. I am so thankful to Malwarebytes Corporation to provide a solution to fix such a horrible and critical adware issue through "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium".

PS: I need 15 reputation points (through Up-Votes) in order to unlock full website functionality.

I hope my words prove helpful to everyone who read it. Thanks and Blessings.

Since last 2 weeks, I have a problem with google chrome browser. Every 5 minutes one automatic tab opens with ads such as snapdeal, alibaba market etc;
I tried to remove the extensions etc; but the problem persists. Can anyone help me to solve this issue please

THANKS IN ADVANCCE

RAVIKUMAR

Ravikumar 2 I am having the same problem as you. Please if you have found some way to fix it could you help me?!

nice article after further more research
it is because your pc has any backdoor services installed so just identify unknown services and delete them and this malware set chrome default search engine with any unknown search engine so delete this search engine from chrome and change your desire search engine for that purpose follow this tutorial <br>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuM1tjncumE
<br>which has step by step guide to Manually remove any google chrome malware virus related to search engine without using any software.<br>
search engine default redirect virus examples are<br>
safefinder.com<br>
safesearch.ch<br>
Hoho Search virus<br>
mystartsearch.com<br>
web search <br>
feed sonic search <br>
etc

You know the last post in that thread was a year ago right? If they were still having problems, and the OP was FOUR years ago, then they have probably already been bled dry by the scammers and thieves and are living on the street...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.