Attached are two images that I took on a Windows 7 machine.
They are portions of a document that was just opened in Adobe Reader X (Version 10.1.9).

One image is of a yellow ribbon across the top of the document, warning about certain data security risks.
The other image shows the options available when the "Options" box is selected.
If I select "Trust this document one time only", several fields of the PDF are auto-populated.

However, when I open the same document on a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X Version 10.6.8, Adobe Reader XI Version 11.0.6), the yellow band across the top of the document does not appear. I do not have the opportunity to select an option and having fields of the document auto-populated.

What is puzzling me is that this could be done previously on the MacBook no problem.
Either a software update removed this capability, or changed one of the settings.
Or one of the settings got changed some other way.
I have gone through every menu and every setting I could think of in the Reader but haven't been able to get that functionality back on the Mac.

Any idea what happened, and how I can get that functionality back?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you posted this to either the Adobe user forums or asked Adobe support about this? Those would be my first two steps to resolve this, or at least figure out what is going on.

Have you posted this to either the Adobe user forums or asked Adobe support about this? Those would be my first two steps to resolve this, or at least figure out what is going on.

No, I haven't considered other forums yet; I'd rather not join yet one more forum just for a particular question.

No errors appear, so the software thinks everything is fine.

I will keep poking at and see what happens.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.