AdSense now has some official competition. It was awhile ago when Yahoo! bought out Overture, formerly Goto. Now, Overture is going through yet another name change ... to take on the full Yahoo! branding. At the same time, Yahoo! has publically announced a new program for publishers, similar to AdSense. They are showing some information about it on their site, but there is no news as to when it will be fully released. Stay tuned! :)

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

It's about time! Yahoo! needs to do everything they can reclaim the throne for King of Search.

You're just saying that because you got that nifty photo with their founder at SES ;) But I do agree that this is a good move for Yahoo! and will almost surely positively help us, as publishers. Powerful google competition is sure to drive CPC prices up.

BTW you can signup for their notification list on http://publisher.yahoo.com, so that whenever they release their product they will send you an email.

However, According to adsense's TOS, we will not be able to use any competing product along with adsense! :( So, I would be sticking with adsense for some time even after they release their product!

Done already, pulse! I actually can't wait for them to roll this out - I'm going to use it right away. Since I pass all my ads through an ad rotation system, I'm just going to rotate AdSense and Yahoo! against each other. Whomever performs best after a trial, get to stay permanently. I really think that Google will be the one to perform best though - right now, they have no threatening competition. Yahoo!'s launch will force them to stop fluctuating their rates so heavily and take a closer look at their payouts.

yahoo will own google in first 2-3 months after that earnings will start going down... that is way i think... they will give us more .. just to we get to them... but in same time google will start giving there users more...

Does anybody no how to boot on yahoo chat?

Done already, pulse! I actually can't wait for them to roll this out - I'm going to use it right away. Since I pass all my ads through an ad rotation system, I'm just going to rotate AdSense and Yahoo! against each other. Whomever performs best after a trial, get to stay permanently. I really think that Google will be the one to perform best though - right now, they have no threatening competition. Yahoo!'s launch will force them to stop fluctuating their rates so heavily and take a closer look at their payouts.

Hi,

I'm new here, just found the site! I've been reading alot of your threads and they're very informative. I'm a newbie with adsense n I'm trying to learn as much about it as I can. CSCGAL I hope you don't mind me asking but how exactly are you rotating or going to rotate Adsense and Yahoo? :?: r u going to use a script or some html code?

TIA

Has people found that yahoo is paying more then google?

Yay :)

Maybe Google might start to pay us publishers more :P

how was this yahoo publisher porgram work? did it perform any better than adsense?

Hi,

I heard that yahoo adsense can only be installed US company websites. Is it true? I have a company in India. Can I use the yahoo program in my website?

Regards,
Ravi

For me, adsense did better than YPN. YPN is for US residents only.

IMO opinion it is quite late for this move by Yahoo!
They need to come up with something that benefits the masses as compared to their competitors.

Many monetize quite well with Yahoo feeds and I understand payout is 30% better that AdSense. Never used it myself, can't say.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.