1,105,391 Community Members

Does anyone advertise on Myspace anymore?

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso
1,740 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 57 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 9 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 9 [?]

I just read on a blog that Facebook advertising revenue is quickly surpassing Myspace's. It is no surprise since Facebook seems to be more widely accepted than Myspace. http://www.clickz.com/3635971?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickz+%28ClickZ+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I personally would advise clients to advertise on Facebook for most tactics unless the business wants to target musicians or teeny boppers. What do you think?

Member Avatar
virtuemart
Junior Poster in Training
72 posts since Dec 2009
Reputation Points: -1 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

wel definitely theer are people who still advertise things on myspace,
but i totally agree that facebook becomes more and more spreadout.
So if you want your ad be seen by a number of people, better do it on both))))

Member Avatar
mackone
Posting Pro
586 posts since Aug 2008
Reputation Points: 55 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 13 [?]

Just maybe, if you promoted it amongst people in groups pertaining to the right topics

Member Avatar
cokeon
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Jan 2010
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

I think that Facebook is better and more because is easier to get a U$ 50 credit voucher.

Member Avatar
dumossa
Newbie Poster
3 posts since Jan 2010

I heard Facebook will start charging around $4.00 a month from March or May, can't remember exactly, but that will lose a lot of members. So My Space might become popular again, unless they charge as well.

Member Avatar
ozman
Newbie Poster
8 posts since Apr 2009

I heard Facebook will start charging around $4.00 a month from March or May, can't remember exactly, but that will lose a lot of members. So My Space might become popular again, unless they charge as well.

I think Facebook is better. Myspace seems to load very slowly and people will abandon it in a short time.

Member Avatar
jennypitts
Junior Poster
160 posts since Sep 2009
Reputation Points: 3 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]

I just read on a blog that Facebook advertising revenue is quickly surpassing Myspace's. It is no surprise since Facebook seems to be more widely accepted than Myspace. http://www.clickz.com/3635971?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+clickz+%28ClickZ+News%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

I personally would advise clients to advertise on Facebook for most tactics unless the business wants to target musicians or teeny boppers. What do you think?

You are right... But regardless, you should not underestimate Myspace. I am not saying spend money advertising there, but by all means do comment on blogs, groups and even place backlinks there.

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso
1,740 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 57 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 9 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 9 [?]

True - Myspace attracts different segments that may be more convertible for other products.

Member Avatar
wiicopy
Newbie Poster
21 posts since Jan 2010

I think my space fit for entertainment related and not for general advertisement section like Facebook or other.I am not advertise my product yet to myspace yet, but I think I rather use directppv over them

Member Avatar
jusvie
Junior Poster
124 posts since Jul 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

I stop advertising (business) on MySpace anymore. Although it’s really a nice site but it happens that other users abused it. It is good for those who really wanted to look for their peer and communicate not only for adult to adult but also for the younger ones, even teens.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: