Hi,

Is it possible to tell how many AdWords impressions are doing placement-targeting (aka site-targeting) to a particular channel? I know that I can pull up an AdSense report which shows a cross section of a particular channel with placement targeting, but it's possible the advertiser is targeting the entire site and not just the individual channel. I'd like to know whether I can disable or modify a particular targetable channel without it impacting my revenue.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can make channels such as the top section, bottom section for your site and list it's related URLs.
You can modify a particular targetable channel without impacing revenue. It won't really matter. To them, channels are sites where advertisement can be shown and AdSense has the policy of showing the advertiser who has the maximum bid.. So enjoy making money.

Hi Techite,

Thank you for your response. I think you misunderstood my question though. I have multiple channels set up and they are set to enable placement targeting. My question is whether there is a way of knowing whether an AdWords advertiser is targeting an individual channel.

I can pull a report showing how many placement-targeted ads run in a channel, but I can't tell whether or not it was because the advertiser selected the individual channel, or selected to run their ads ROS and, consequently, started displaying in the channel.

Also, I know this was definitely true awhile back, but I'm not sure if it still holds true. If you change certain information associated with a targetable channel, all AdWords advertisers currently targeting that channel are automatically lost. They will need to reenable targeting the modified channel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.