Hi All:

I have recently started using a web-based texting service; it is just easier than texting on a cell phone.

I have a few concerns, and I would like to see if anyone has any answers.

1. Is there a free or low-cost web-based service that turns texts into voice mails? I know Verizon and Sprint do, but I don't use them for cell phone service.

2. Is there a way I can tell if a text has gone to a non-text-capable number, to include dumb phones, land lines, fax lines, data lines, etc? It is frustrating; I sent oud a text and I don't know if the recipient saw it!

3. What is the best web-based service to use for text messages? I use Pinger, but are there any other services that answer my needs and concerns?

Thanks for your help.

John

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you ever played around with Google Voice?

Yes, but only for voice mail. I do not like a lot of Google products, and Google Voice is one of them. Sound quality is terrible.

Hi All:

Some additional wants and needs for my ideal SMS marketing program:

• Able to group responses up top
  • Able to handle photos, videos, etc.
  • Alert sounds
  • Don't have to refresh to ensure the messages come through

I know, pie-in-the-sky, right? Oh well, I have to ask; maybe what I want actuall exitsts.

John

In the sms marketing , you have need to offer your service they can not say no . Also use inforgraphics to clear all the points .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.