We are {company name and link removed} and we are now using oscommerce but we found out it is not seo friendly. Can anybody recommend seo friendly shopping cart.

Tom

Recommended Answers

All 54 Replies

Miva Merchant {snipped link}

Hey DaniWeb peeps, I am curious as to what factors make a shopping cart "seo friendly?" In other words, what do you look for in a shopping cart that makes it easy to optimize for the search engines??

Ability to easily rewrite all the database urls, customize page titles and tweak any code within the CMS.

We use Zen Cart. There is no problem with that. It is easily customizable.

You can also try out magento- an open-source shopping cart solutions.

I think you could also make OSC sites seo friendly by using seo plug-ins. The most famous one might be ultimate seo urls.

You can try PrestaShop script is free.
It has all the facilities you have listed

Give Bigcommerce a try, they offer a free trial.

I thought oscommerce was seo friendly or at least it had plugins to do the same.. ever tried magento?

we are an running an online stores chain and for that we are using bit cart shopping store front which is very seo friendly as it's very easy to manage. i'll recommend you bit-cart.com
you can also try its starter hosted version for Free.

Magneto is undoubtedly SEO-friendly but there is some stuff that will help you to optimize Magneto SEO.
first, get the most recent release, 1.2.1. then, to get started, enable Server URL rewrites. You will find this setting under System => Configuration => Web => Search Engines Optimization. Another good thing to configure now you are on this screen is "Add store Code to Urls" under "Url Options". In most cases it is better to set this functionality to "No".

You can try AJ shopping cart which can provides you more and more user friendly features and it will be the right choice to make your online store.

Hello!
Indeed, Zen Cart may be a great solution for you in this case. Zen Cart is an outstanding open source system for online store management. It is a PHP-based structure that uses MySQL database and certain HTML components.
This system encounters several languages and supports different types of currency, which are available for free under the GNU General Public License.
Zen Cart evolved from osCommerce as a separate project, but unlike it, Zen Cart supports template custom design. One can always change a ready made design into a new one.
The variety of Zen Cart templates allows you to have the most unique and outstanding store on the net. And yes, it is SEO-friendly :)

Best of luck!
Ozzzo

I assume that most of decent carts today are optimized for search engines. I would suggest you to use LiveCart because it not only able to sell physical product but also support selling virtual item such as e-book.

Magento is the best stand alone ecommerce CMS. Has lots of free themes and features.

Whatever you do don't go with oscommerce... outdated and don't know why anyone would recommend them.

If you have a community social network site then have a look at Joomla with the Virtuemart add on

You Can Zeuscart which is a free GPL Shopping Cart Software.

Joomla virtue mart,zen cart or oscommerce this are the best carts i believe strongly believe and trust them..

Storefront is a good investement if you need too much of your shopping cart service ... However, if you sit down and go through thousands of options you can consider simpler and probably less expensive solution is not the time.

Go to securepay.com this is who i use and it's 30 bucks a month.they have a secure shopping cart you can point your website domain to the secure cart.accept all major credit card and checks.and you can cancel at anytime.with out any charge.one thing i better let you no tell them you like the Virtual Terminal only.other wise for any other product they will charge you up 300 or more if you cancel.

IXXO car I've downloaded the trial version and the same as the peak carts really think in terms of folders and file structure (apart from the fact that every single file, free smart way is encrypted, including third-party code) From. Work equally as well as your admin interface "slogan seems to make e-commerce." Anyone know if they are an official reseller? Their characteristics, implying that the multi-vendor functionality is not as Pinnacle Cart is a fork. If it is a fork, it's official? Pinnacle Cart will improve can be reflected in IXXO? We are an official reseller Pinnacle Cart and I'm sure it's a fork, but as something Pinnicle train code is encrypted, the Joomla integration and multi-vendor will develop new features like imposable! If anyone can shed some light on this relationship, I would be greatly appreciated.

it all depends in your need.

1> Are you going to sell product with lot of variation
sudggest cart -> magento
2> Are you going to customize the cart to a greater extent
magento highly not suggested(unless you are keen with zend framework)
3> what is your budget
free -> magento, oscommerce
upto $400 interspire shopping cart( highly user friendly feature rich)
<b>note </b>
if you are planning to use magento think nothing less than a dedicated server as it very very resource hungry

If you have someone who can customize it, we found a total package from SmartWin. You can host it yourself or they will host it for you. It is pretty comprehensive and doesn't cost too much. They are very responsive and provide personal help quickly.

sam is right, the product you are selling would matter, as of now i'm using this Shopping Cart Elite. try checking it's features.

You can also try out magento- an open-source shopping cart solutions.

Magneto is great web.The magneto option is very easiest way.

Magnet undoubtedly SEO friendly, but there are some things that will help you optimize SEO magnet.
Before the most recent release, 1.2.1. So, to get started, server enable URL rewrites. The system => Configuration => Web => Search engine optimization will find this setting under. Configured to another good now you are on the screen's "Add URL to store code"" Url option under ". In most cases it is better to "not" set up this functionality.

Every one has his own best shopping cart option. And it depends what makes a best shopping cart. If you are a developer/coder, you are qualified to use magento, which is perfect for large business with good flexibility in customization. But if you are a beginner, I think it is a little defficult for you to handle Mangeto. Besides, prestashop is also very nice. Maybe you can refer to 2010 Open Source Awards results for some ideas. The results is based on votes, please see here: http://www.packtpub.com/blog/the-2010-open-source-awards-open-source-ecommerce-applications

Hey friend , i would like to recommend you , virtuemart, it's one of the best e-commerce i used. i am really become fan of joomla CMS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.