Do you mean free/open source shopping cart or commercial one?

i thought magento is one of the biggest and good. having all necessory features,which need for e-commerce website.

yes, magento is the best but it is not light weight ecommerce. I think people without enough IT knowledge can not handle it well.

I think you can use ZenCart and Magento. They are user friendly. But I prefer VirtueMart on the Joomla system base.

Hey,

Magento is a great open source SEO friendly shopping cart. You can use multiple payment gateways and you can control all aspects of your online store in Magento Ecommerce site. You can also check customized Magento Ecommerce Templates: www.needecommerce.com

Securepay.com to this is who I use and it has a 30 month.they bucks a secure shopping cart secure your website domain point to cart.accept all major credit cards and you can cancel at anytime.with charge.one checks.and can go to any thing out I'll tell them you no better virtual terminal only.other wise for any other product they charge you 300 or more will be canceled if you like.

We are {company name and link removed} and we are now using oscommerce but we found out it is not seo friendly. Can anybody recommend seo friendly shopping cart.

Tom

3d cart is easy and SEO friendly - However, it is a hosted solution.

There is no 'best' ecommerce software because that definition varies according to your requirements. Since you have asked for an SEO-friendly solution, your definition of 'best' presumably means one which search engines will rank well and that will therefore get good commercial results.

This is a good definition of 'best', of course, since the function of an ecommerce site is to make money, and unless you're at Google #1 to #4 for your keywords, you most likely won't make much. Tough - but true.

So I'd certainly agree with your definition. The problem is that most people don't really see things that way, so they recommend software that is good for some other reason. Most of the software suggested here will be useless for your purposes if you want to get good google results. If somebody suggests an ecommerce solution when you have specifically asked for one with good SEO, then ask them to point you toward a site that uses that solution and is Google #1 in a tough niche.

Simple, really - that's what you're asking them to recommend - so presumably if they are recommending an ecommerce solution as having good SEO, there must be plenty of examples of it at Google #1 for them to suggest it - as that is what is meant by good SEO.

:)

hi,

I think magento will come up to your expectations..because Magento’s flexibility allows us to modify existing features or add in new ones. Drupal now has an extension for Magento which helps integration of Magento into a Drupal based website. If you are converting from another platform, there are tools which allows you to import products, customers and order information from other carts such as OSCommerce and X-Cart.

thanks..

We use OpenCart. Its Open Source and supposedly optimised for search engines. It also has a large feature set and templating system.

OpenCartlooks very pleasant.

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but it's advertised as 'SEO Optimised'. The first thing that comes to mind with integral SEO optimisation & standards compliance is that you'd have integral SEF URLs, like Plone and Drupal, as this is probably the #1 SEO requirement - since it fixes so many major problems in one shot.

Going to their online demo, on the central site, you find that OpenCart still only has raw dynamic URLs, it doesn't have SEF URLs.

Unfortunately this seems to indicate that either OpenCart has no SEO functions (as this is the first and most important that would be included), or that the people who implemented the central org's install didn't know how to install it.

As this would be the coders themselves, it doesn't instill much confidence either way, I'm afraid.

I think that Zen Cart has one of the best shopping cart softwares.

OpenCartlooks very pleasant.

I don't want to rain on the parade here, but it's advertised as 'SEO Optimised'. The first thing that comes to mind with integral SEO optimisation & standards compliance is that you'd have integral SEF URLs, like Plone and Drupal, as this is probably the #1 SEO requirement - since it fixes so many major problems in one shot.

Going to their online demo, on the central site, you find that OpenCart still only has raw dynamic URLs, it doesn't have SEF URLs.

Unfortunately this seems to indicate that either OpenCart has no SEO functions (as this is the first and most important that would be included), or that the people who implemented the central org's install didn't know how to install it.

As this would be the coders themselves, it doesn't instill much confidence either way, I'm afraid.

Firstly I think its debatable whether pretty URLs are any better than dynamic URLs that contain the same content. e.g. /product/mac-book-pro vs /?product=mac-book-pro. Google has no problem parsing keywords from dynamic URLs.

Pretty URLs are definitely possible in OpenCart. Make sure that "SEO URLs" is enabled under settings and pick a slug ("URL Keyword") for each product. e.g. http://www.aquamail.com.au/shop/Aqualog-All-Corydoras

You will probably see that there are few other pretty URLs at the above store. As our clients desire the ability to maintain their online catalog themselves, we can't write a slug for each product they add. Rather all we can do is educate them on the importance of SEO, how to write SE friendly content and how to add products in a SE friendly manner. Sadly few clients feel that the results are worth the effort.

Guess I'd probably agree with you.

But if you go to the first product listed, the URL is:

http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=48

...and that is a raw dynamic URL, as I said. Not too good when the product you're trying to sell is an iPod.

Also there appears to be no metadata desc or keywords on this page either (excuse me if there is, it's just not where it should be). So there is no need for me to retract what I said - as a demo of an "SEO Optimized cart" I don't think it succeeds.

However you show that it is in fact possible to rectify these errors, so all is well. It's just a shame that the central demo is so poor in this regard, especially as this is hyped as a selling point. You can't blame me if I simply took it at face value.

I think magento is your answer

We have now switched over to Miva Merchant and found that it is a good solution. They have recently upgraded to a much better system and have many more options available. I find that the server response time is a little slow but maybe you could upgrade for a faster version or for your own server space on the cloud. You can also use their shopping cart software but have your site hosted somewhere else if that is an issue.

Magento All The Way!

As the founder and former CEO of the largest Search Engine Marketing Agency in America, I can tell you that your URL naming convention and ability to completely control page title are critical to your success. Page titles as well as URL naming are often part of the same scripting in many shopping cart, CMS systems. Many of these programs were created by individuals who failed to understand the Query concept of a simple search engine and thus ignored advice by others. Many of those applications now power OS / CMS sites.

An example of proper and quick ability in choosing and altering the naming of your URL is the "Slug" feature in WordPress. This allows you to name the URL what you wish, taking advantage of an extra column in the database. This is a simple architectural solution which I have had countless arguments with some of the "former" leading CMS / Shopping Cart systems who have now gone by the wayside. If your shopping cart spokesperson or your own programmer tells you either of these features are not critical to SEO, it is time you replaced both or you will face what will most likely be an insurmountable task in rebuilding your entire business once you finally fire both.

I can't tell you how many agencies I watched go down the toilet because of the lack of this understanding or by arrogant individuals proclaiming to be educated on the subject. This included the former largest Real Estate Site management agency in the world and two of the largest CMS system agencies now in the dust. SEO capability is King, don't let anyone tell you differently or I'll add your name to the rest who failed.

EasyStoreHosting is best Online E-Commerce Store creation software.

I have tried it, and it genuinely works.
The best thing is that provide "technical support service" free of cost.
So you have to do anything by yourself, just shoot a mail to them, they will do it for you.

Every shopping cart is unique in their style and features. Some shopping cart has some extra feature reagrding product and some cart has don't, so actually its vary on users choise. You better check the features of different cart after that it will be easy to decide which is best for you. Now I am using Zen Cart on online shopping site it has large number of good features as per my requirement. and its easy to maintain and low price.

You can try free prestashop shopping cart shoftware, VOLUTION and Shopify are best.

There are many of the SEO friendly shopping crts that you can use such as Magento, X-cart, Zencart, OScommerce these are some of the best shopping carts.

Magneto is great web.The magneto option is very easiest way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.