Hi there,
I am looking for the best way to make an existing website capable of online sales. It already has products listed and i need software that i can integrate easily. I am new at this so i have two questions.
1. Can i use shopping cart software like Mal's eCommerce, or do i need to use something like oscommerce?
2. What is the best software to use? I would like free, open source, software that is user friendly and customizable to fit my website. I don't mind doing some basic programming but nothing to complicated. (I know html and css but not really any programming languages at this point if that helps.) Please tell me if i need to clarify and thank you for your help in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi Michigan Man.
I think the big question may be how many items you want in your store. If it's not many, or if you want to sell downloads or electronic goods, then e-junkie may be the best fit -- and save you a lot of work.

Otherwise, define the catalog and items, then start looking around.

This is a link to the website that i need to set up for online sales.
ericsoutdoorfurniture.com if that helps out.

Ok i am going with nopcommerce it is perfect for what i need.:)
Thanks for the help

Hi there,
I am looking for the best way to make an existing website capable of online sales. It already has products listed and i need software that i can integrate easily. I am new at this so i have two questions.
1. Can i use shopping cart software like Mal's eCommerce, or do i need to use something like oscommerce?
2. What is the best software to use? I would like free, open source, software that is user friendly and customizable to fit my website. I don't mind doing some basic programming but nothing to complicated. (I know html and css but not really any programming languages at this point if that helps.) Please tell me if i need to clarify and thank you for your help in advance.

I Suggest You to use AJ Shopping Cart Software (ajsquare.com/products/ecom/index.php) which is best ecommerce shopping cart software

Yeah. I agree with Rasida that AJ Shopping cart will be the right choice to make your online shop to sell products.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.