Member Avatar
Vincentas
Junior Poster in Training
62 posts since Nov 2012
Reputation Points: 6 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 5 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi guys,

I need to build an ecommerce site for a client and I have the general design figured out but I can't find a solution that works for me. I need to be able to adapt the html/css to my design as well as have a search engine, that I can customize the look of the results.

I have looked at several solutions but they either have a limited trial period or are too complicated for me to get them off of the ground. I am new to ecommerce and was hoping someone had some advice for a solution where I don't have to adapt my design to fit into a template.

I know plenty of people have asked this question because I have been searching for an answer for weeks. I thought maybe I can get a better result if I asked the question directly.

I like the idea of a hosted situation because there isn't a lot of setup but I'm finding that those aren't very customizable. Any help will be much appreciated because I'm tearing my hair out over this. Thanks in advance.

Member Avatar
pritaeas
mod_pritaeas
11,285 posts since Jul 2006
Reputation Points: 1,420 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1,831 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 154 [?]
Featured
Sponsor

I have looked at several solutions

It would be helpful to list these, so it's obvious what you don't want. What is your client selling?

Member Avatar
<M/>
Industrious Poster
4,473 posts since Apr 2012
Reputation Points: 106 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 139 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 114 [?]
Featured

By any chance are you looking into having 100% control over the site (basic website...) or a CMS (wordpress, joomla, drupal)...

As pritaeas has said before, can you tell us on what you want and don't want and what your client is selling?

I know plenty of people have asked this question because I have been searching for an answer for weeks

How much time has your client given you? If your short on time, I personally think it's easiest to go with Wordpress or drupal.

Member Avatar
joelchrist
Posting Whiz
395 posts since Mar 2010
Reputation Points: -9 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 8 [?]

Hello

You can try AJ Shopping cart solution, which is advanced and easily customizable.

Member Avatar
rwebber77
Newbie Poster
5 posts since Aug 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

Not sure if you've found something, but Drupal has a great solution for eCommerce.

Member Avatar
sridevikannan
Newbie Poster
8 posts since Jan 2013

Zeuscart is the best free GPL Shopping cart software to create your store. Download it freely.

Member Avatar
Ydeveloper
Light Poster
38 posts since Oct 2010

After understanding your requirements, I think need a custom ecommerce solution. If you have design in your mind, you should have a platform that fully customized according to your design, e.g. easy integration of shopping cart, search engine friendly navigation, and site structure, simple checkout process and so on. Moreover you can also integrate some advanced marketing and customer services managment features to get maximum output from your store.

Don't forget inventory managment, especially when you are planning for large number of products.

Now, the solution that I am talking about is, e-Smart eCommerce Suite (Your best Custom Ecommerce partner).

Key Features:

• User-friendly admin panel
  • Highly advanced inventory management features
  • Custom-built shopping cart checkout process
  • Multiple real-time shipping rates

You can head over to Ydeveloper.com for more info.

Member Avatar
coding-monkey
Newbie Poster
3 posts since Feb 2013

Hi there!
On Friday, I'll be launching the worlds first hosted WordPress e-commerce solution, only £25 per month.

As you have a custom design you could get someone to code it into a WordPress theme, send it to support than we can upload it just for use with your site.

GatorSnap, the worlds first hosted Wordpress e-commerce solution

Thanks!

Kind Regards
Jack (Coding-Monkey), GatorSnap.com

Member Avatar
uniecommerce
Newbie Poster
11 posts since May 2013

Just check out uniecommerce, which has new things like combination of offering group deals, conducting online auction, social commerce, mobile apps, multi - merchandising.

Member Avatar
Operion
Newbie Poster
1 post since Jun 2013

Hi, Do you still need an E-commerce solution.
There is 2 way.
The first solution is you find those Open source E-commerce.
or
The another way is find Paid E-commerce.

Member Avatar
poopuh
Light Poster
35 posts since Apr 2013

"Virtuemart" is a powerful free extension for the Joomla CMS. If you have little or no experience, you can find Joomla templates all over the shop, but i'll always suggest hiring a developer if you don't know.

Member Avatar
RH-Calvin
Junior Poster in Training
66 posts since Jun 2013
Reputation Points: -2 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]

Magento is an open source e-commerce web application which is User-friendly & easy to setup your store within few minutes.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: