Hello.I am new in this forum and did not know how to start posting threads..
Anyways now that I am aware how to do that..I need somehelp.I am making an e-commerce project for my final year enggn project.Is it a good choice? or should I go for something more sophisticated..?Plz do help :!:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well, you'll know better then us if that meets the criteria set forth by your academic institution. But an ecommerce site can be fairly complex especially when you add payment options to it.

Well, you'll know better then us if that meets the criteria set forth by your academic institution. But an ecommerce site can be fairly complex especially when you add payment options to it.

Actually,our supervisor wanted us to include semantic grammar and stuff in it..to enable faster access..But I wanted to work on some different idea..One that has not been implemented so far in this field..Do you have any idea?Something interesting that can be added?

If you can think of something no one else has done before patent it before you implement it. Then you'll be rich when you're done. :)

Yeah that is true.:lol: ..I meant just somethin new to implement to make it more interactive or funn to visit web site ?

If you want to spruce it up, use plenty of Ajax. Just be sure to provide a working site for people who don't have Ajax compatible browsers.

yeah the payment system is the hardest part about the ecommerce site.

yeah the payment system is the hardest part about the ecommerce site.

Not necessarily. It just seems that way because developers don't know anything about it. Once you know how it all works, and it is not that complex, it becomes one of the easier parts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.