Both, I'm using these method for a year and in comparison. I can say that Blackhat brings me traffic that more that i expected.

Do you thinks guys Blackhat is better that Organic SEO?

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

Organic SEO, of course, is better than Blackhat. Unethical SEO tactics will get you banned on search engines.

black hat is easily detected.i love grey hat..where i use methods which are not black hat yet...

When Google discovers your black hat tactics on your site, your site may not appear on SERPS which is a very high price to pay. Just remember that!

Black Hat SEO is always considered to be unethical way of Optimizing a website.It may attract high traffic,no doubt about that, but in the later days to come you may see a negative impact on the site rankings in different search engines result pages. Whereas if you take efforts in an ethical way,long terms benefits can be seen.Though, it takes sometime for the results to be seen using White Hat SEO techniques, but you can be rest assured about the results.

Blackhat methods are good for instant traffic but can harm your websites credibility. You may get banned by major search engines like google and yahoo. Using organic SEO can ensure you that your site will last longer on internet and will receive benefits from search engines for long term.

I have a very simple way of explaining SEO. Basically the internet is made up of three groups, white hats, grey hats, and black hats. I didn't make these terms up they actually come from western tv shows\movies. White hat SEO takes more time to learn than black hat SEO but black hat SEO is taboo. When I first started out trying Search Optimization I accidentaly made some black hat moves. I'm thankful that some folks here at Daniweb pointed that out to me or my Website would more than likely have been banned from search engines.

White hat SEO isn't that hard, I have actually written a lot about it on one particular thread along with other DaniWeb users. http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread163359.html
that thread helped save a guy $1000 that he didn't have to pay a company to white hat optimize his site. I strongly encourage you to read that thread and several others on the SEO forum.

Thanks for sharing that thread. Black Hat SEO may provide good short term results but in the long run, it is like making a deal with an unethical agent. Think of it as steroids. It may give you fast results but it is not good at all.

commented: I agree with you all the way on this! +2

Thanks for sharing that thread. Black Hat SEO may provide good short term results but in the long run, it is like making a deal with an unethical agent. Think of it as steroids. It may give you fast results but it is not good at all.

I totally agree!! Lets take something that has nothing to do with programming, oh let's use sports for example. Okay let's say you just hit a home run and the baseball hit the hubble telescope (yeah that's impossible, this is just an example). Well, later a few reporters get suspicious on how you could hit a ball so hard and make it go so far and they find out you are using steriods that say in fine print "Made on Mars, may have unwanted side effects for human beings". Well, I'm sure you've already figure out that you would be kicked out of the league and probably would be questioned about your communication with Martians. Now back to reality, Black Hat SEO is the same way you get great results and you make your way up the search charts until a google official notices your using black hat techniques and "strike three your out!" of googles search engine and most likely all other search engines.

I hope someone got a kick out of my space humor.

Well Tiger, I did smile with your martian remark. Imagine a martian on steroids. Well I think that is what Black Hat SEO. It will make it obvious to the powers that it was not legit.

I suggest you not to go for a Blackhat technique - you will get traffic for today, but you will pay for it in future. White Organic techniques may take time for you to get traffic but it help your site to stay at top for a long time.

I agree - stay away from Blackhat techniques as far as possible. Also, I advise you to be on the lookout for any new updates of Google's Best Practices. This way, you know you are abiding by regulations.

I go for Organic SEO!
Black Hat uses unethical ways just to get back links. If your gonna participate in doing black hat magic, you'll have higher chances of getting ban from search engines.

Well it is better to use the gray hat method than a black hat seo because your site might get penalized or banned from the search engine

Black hat SEO is too risky in use for the sites you want to be good indexed and to stay in SERPs for a lot of years. I like organic SEO - it brings the results slowly but surely.

I have not try use blackhat seo to promotion my site, and i think google will amerce one's site if him use blackhat seo.

Do balckhat, then you are risk being banned and all your efforts may be end in Vain, so I wouldn't do that. Instead, I will do solid organic SEO!

Do balckhat, then you are risk being banned and all your efforts may be end in Vain, so I wouldn't do that. Instead, I will do solid organic SEO!

Mahgobb you are right organic SEO or also known as white hat SEO is the best policy. I however am not sure where the line between white hat and grey hat starts.... I know what to do to stay away from black magic SEO. I guess my question is what's the difference between white-hat and gray hat? I try to follow google's webmaster guidelines to a T so if that is whitehat I guess I'm doing the right thing.

Mahgobb you are right organic SEO or also known as white hat SEO is the best policy. I however am not sure where the line between white hat and grey hat starts.... I know what to do to stay away from black magic SEO. I guess my question is what's the difference between white-hat and gray hat? I try to follow google's webmaster guidelines to a T so if that is whitehat I guess I'm doing the right thing.

You just tough the point, and the so called white hat or black hat is actually non-existent at all!

Personally I believe that these labels are good for Google, and bad for SEO practitioners. I believe that by labeling SEO as “black” or “white”, Google gains an opportunity to influence the popular perception of SEO in it’s favor, where otherwise it would not have such an opportunity.

Of course Google has used this to its advantage many times (such as the times it has cautioned web site owners not to trust SEOs, because they may employ Black Hat tactics.

So while it is unfortunate that we have to accept these labels and abide by them!

If you are aiming for short term gains then Organic or BlackHat , it does not matter but if you are aiming for long term goals and a stable future than Organic SEO is definitely the only choice.

But there is another type of seo call ...grey hat. methods which are not yet consider black hat and search engine think them valid and legal. But those are only such methods which are used by big companies.

Black Hat are techniques or tactics which have been defined by Google as in violation of the Google “Quality Guidelines”.

But for me, I will say Black Hat SEO is for high-risk, high-yield opportunities, and in most cases, the term “SEO” means either Black Hat SEO or Gray Hat SEO. The rest is just good web mastering.

Just a note to discourage Black Hat - during my first attempt at SEO I inadvertantly engaged in something that Google did not look kindly upon. I didn't even know about Black v. White hat and it was extremely frustrating and time consuming to retrace my steps and figure out where I went wrong. From now on, I certainly don't want to do ANYTHING that would make me look bad in the eyes of the search engines - its definitely not worth it!

Organic SEO even though it takes time for the results to be seen. Black hat is good for short term gains but there is always a risk factor involved which is not worth taking.

SEO (search engine optimization) is a crucial part of a website’s marketing strategy, but black hat SEO is not the answer. Black hat SEO tactics use methods that are dishonest at best and illegal at worst. The search engines hate them, can smell them a mile away, and using them can leave your website banned from search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing. It's all a lot of hard work that yields wonderful results if you spend the time and energy

Now back to reality, Black Hat SEO is the same way you get great results and you make your way up the search charts until a google official notices your using black hat techniques and "strike three your out!" of googles search engine and most likely all other search engin

The dark side of SEO, when done correctly, can yield staggering results...in addition to a high risk of getting your domain banned from all the search engines. Some of these techniques include comment spamming and cloaking.

Both, I'm using these method for a year and in comparison. I can say that Blackhat brings me traffic that more that i expected.

Do you thinks guys Blackhat is better that Organic SEO?

Yes both Organic SEO and Black hat SEO drives traffic to our site. but the thing is its good for sites health.there is no use from these type of traffic.

Obviously no, I only prefer to do organic than blackhat. you will be punished by google soon if you do black hat.

Using Blackhat techniques is unethical way of optimizing a site and your site might be penalized or banned for doing this. It's better to focus doing whitehat techniques or following the search engine's quality guidelines.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.