The importance of articles in today’s websites and internet based companies are immeasurable. They dictate a lot in the success and the drive of traffic into one’s site. It has become a key element in making a site work and earns a profit. A website operator and owner must have the good sense to include articles in his or her site that will work for them and earn them the many benefits articles can give to their site.

Articles have been known to be the driving force in driving traffic to a website. Articles are a factor in giving site high rankings in search result pages. The higher a site ranks the bigger slice of the traffic flow pie he gets. With a huge number in traffic flow, there are more profits and more potential for other income generating schemes as well.

But, it is not just about stuffing your site with articles; they have certain requirements as well. These requirements must be met to obtain the maximum benefits an article will provide for your site. A well written article will catch the eyes and interest of your customers and keep them coming back for more. They would also be able to recommend your site to others.

Here are some tips to help you and assist you in making your articles. Below you will read about four things all articles must have to make it successful and helpful in making your site a profit earning and traffic overflowing site.

• Keywords and Keyword Phrases.

An article must always be centered on the keywords and keyword phrases. As each website visitor goes to a site, there are those who are just merely browsing but actually looking for a specific something. When this happens, a searcher usually goes to a search engine and types in the keywords they are looking for (e.g. Toyota Camry, Meningitis, Tax Lawyer and Etcetera). It could be anything they want.

The Important thing is that you have an article that has the keywords that are related to your site. For example, if you maintain an auto parts site, you must be able t have articles about cars and their parts. There are many tools in the internet that provides service in helping a webmaster out in determining what keywords and keyword phrases are mostly sought out. You can use this tool to determine what keywords to use and write about.

• Keyword Density

Know that you have your keywords and keyword phrases, you must use them fully. An article must have good keyword density for a search engine to “feel” its presence. Articles should at least have ten to fifteen percent of keyword density in their content for search engines to rank a site high in their search results. Getting a high rank is what articles do best for a site.

Keyword density is the number of times a keyword or keyword phrase is used on an article. The number varies depending on the number of words used in an article. An effective article must have a keyword density that is not too high or too low. With a very high density, the essence of the article is lost and may turn off a reader as well as the search engines. It comes off as overeager. A low number may be ignored by the search engines.

• Good Article Content

Like what is stated above, you cannot just riddle an article with keywords. They must also be regarded as good reading materials. Articles must be able to entertain people as well as provide good information and help for their needs. Articles should be written well with correct spelling and good grammar. If you want people to trust you, make your work good and well thought out.

People respond well to figures, facts and statistics. Try to get great information and as many facts as you can. A good and well written article will boost your reputation as an expert in your chosen field or topic. As more people believe in you. They will be able to trust you and your products.

• Linking Articles

And another important thing to remember. If you are going to submit articles to ezines and/or contribute your articles to newsletters and other sites, DON’T ever forget to include a link to your site. A little resource box with a brief description of your site and you should always be placed right after your articles that you have submitted. If people like your articles, they will most likely click on the link directing them to your site.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Content is the King. People are hungry for information whether in what area you are, they've always look for new stuffs & informative resources.

I have to agree that GOOD, and Quality CONTENT are key. Some search engines like Google, concentrate on the content of the article than the keyword quantity itself. Yes, keywords are important but the article should have a natural, conversational approach. IT should be informative, and interesting.

A lot of my clients only ask for the keyword in the first or second sentence of the introduction. Once in the conclusion and title and about 3% keyword density. This being said, I think quality content should be most important, supported of course by they keywords used in a natural way.

When you write a good quality article you can leverage your content in several ways. First, publish the article on your website, then blog about it with a link to the article. Do a bit of social marketing by tweeting about it, mentioning it on Facebook etc.

Next, write a shorter, 250 word version of it and post it on Ezinearticles and link back to the longer article on your site or to some other web page.

You can keep on rewriting the article and posting your new versions on different article directories, but always make QUALITY your priority, as mentioned by previous contributors to this thread.

Use keywords, but don't pack your article with them. Keywords in the headline is a good idea - and make the headline as interesting as possible.

When writing your signature file, don't bore us with your personal biography. Instead, treat it like a postscript to your article and give us a strong reason to click on the link.

Just make sure that when you so article marketing - you got to think of the following:
1. the article can not be verbatim copy from the content on your website - Google will penalize you for this
2. the article should have words that will help the SEO of your website
3. It has to be relevant to the visitor's search experience

Just make sure that when you so article marketing - you got to think of the following:
1. the article can not be verbatim copy from the content on your website - Google will penalize you for this
2. the article should have words that will help the SEO of your website
3. It has to be relevant to the visitor's search experience

I am not sure if I can agree with #1. YES, Google does like quality content, and original content at that. However, from prior experience with clients, I can tell you that they have forwarded me information on their website and asked me to include it in the articles. I think that as long as you can paraphrase it in a way that looks unique, there should be no problem.

The keywords, of course, should be ones that are related to the website, and have been used in the optimization. I am not a programmer or SEO expert, but I have written and dealt a lot with some experts to know what they want in an article.

I think one of the principal things we should all keep in mind is that, Google, supports original, quality, content rich articles. They also have to be informative and convey a message. If the article is full of mumble jumble, it will not get very far.

I am not sure if I can agree with #1. YES, Google does like quality content, and original content at that. However, from prior experience with clients, I can tell you that they have forwarded me information on their website and asked me to include it in the articles. I think that as long as you can paraphrase it in a way that looks unique, there should be no problem.

Yes, I agree that it is not as clear cut as #1 suggests. If Google always penalized sites that published duplicate content then nobody would want to take articles from article directories and publish them on their websites, yet that is one of the functions of an article directory.

I think Google considers articles in context of the website itself and the quality it is offering in terms of content and relevance...

If your website consists of free mass circulated poor quality PLR junk then it will get penalized. As well as having a lot of unique content on my websites I have some selected duplicate content (i.e. high quality articles that I have lawfully taken from directories and other websites and republished with acknowledgments and links back to the site of origin) and the websites rate well in the search engines for various relevant keyword phrases.

It all comes back to QUALITY and a judicious and relevant use of other people's articles.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.