Hi All,

I have a forum with the name <snipped>.

I have been getting adecent amount of traffic but that traffic does not get involved in community. Can a few of you provide insights on how to get people involved more?

Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Engage the community. Give them a reason to want to interact. Seed the forum with questions that are just begging to be replied to. Get your friends to post and get discussions -- and debates! -- going amongst you.

First of all try to contribute to the forum, quality forum posting and you should have a clear goal and you should have good knowledge about the subject that you are discussing in forum would help you a lot.

Daniweb.com is the best forum for traffic :) another site is digitalpoint.com....

Daniweb.com is the best forum for traffic :) another site is digitalpoint.com....

Have you read the complete thread buddy.
I am not asking which is the best form with traffic.

I am marketing my forum here.

Webmaster Forum is the best and descent for site trffic.

i am getting already decent traffic from daniweb, also from v7n.com forum.

There are few things which give an attraction to peoples for posting in forums. anchored links in forum signatures, dofollow signature links and forum with low advertising are the factors that are considered.

As mentioned above you must take an active role in the forum commnity. People begin to trust you because of your posts. Credibility is the key.

Posting informative and useful topics regularly, encouraging your friends to participate in the discussions on those topics, will definitely help in increasing traffic to your forum site.

how and where did you get the traffic?

I am telling you from my personal experience when i find solution of anything related to marketing and traffic I stop at the forum and check the replies and then register and contribute. Maybe you should work more, post content and add good categories that are of high interest for people such as marketing, traffic, content, trade, software etc and then post good content. I have seen some good new forums taking off, they offer cracked software. You just need a goal and work on it.

Hi All,

I have a forum with the name <snipped>.

I have been getting adecent amount of traffic but that traffic does not get involved in community. Can a few of you provide insights on how to get people involved more?

Thanks in Advance

I guess you have to give incentives to those active members of your site. Links to some freebies may do the trick or whatever that you think the community will be interested on.

Do proper reply in a simple sentence and share your valuable information. That's the way.

I heard that daniweb ain't that bad ;)

So, You want to attract some people to come and do some quality forum postings! right? The only thing that attracts people to come in forums is Dofollow links So please keep this thing in mind.

I agree with taking an active role and participating as much as possible.

Keeping people updated/etc.

Sharing efforts to make the blog bigger! Ongoing ambitions!

Forum marketing is a great way to get traffic to your website, but only if it is done properly.Make a few accounts. Login using several computers and browsers to make the forum look active. Display your gratitude as well as say thanks to those who have assisted you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.