Can you explain how Google Page Rank works?

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Google page rank counts on behalf of many terms like quality information, inbound&outbound link, traffic, bounce rate of the page. And all page individually counts , and at last overall site page rank decide by calculation on each page value according to all above terms.

There are many sites that discuss the algorithm; have you done any searches?

Here's one:

A Survey of Google's PageRank

There is a LOT of information available; you just have to look for it.

Put the quality content on your website and create powerful link on .edu & .gov!!! Than your page rank will be good also you get the good keywords ranking.

According to Sergey Brin and Lawrence (Larry) Page, Co-founders of Google, the PR of a webpage is calculated using this formula:

PR(A) = (1 - d) + d * SUM ((PR(I->A)/C(I))

There is a lot of information about this on many sites find this websites on google

Google PR sucks...it's update 2 or 3 months

Google Page Rank works multiple factors which we have listed below, Implement those Google Page Rank factors in your website and get ample amount of change in your PR.

-> Create Website content complete unique and customize.
-> Create search engine friendly navigation which includes simple directory or folder structure with proper file naming.
-> Execute file names with your business oriented key phrase, as result of this you will have good position in SERP at the starting.
-> Make your footer structure more friendly where your website visitor will have all pages which u offering in primary navigation and second navigation.

The Last and The Most Important

-> Create relevance and quality back links for your website.

It is very useful for searching the visibility of site & traffic on site.It is measure as per traffic on site. Back link & visiting of people on site.

Can you explain how Google Page Rank works?

Which page rank you talking about ??

There is two thigns, 1) Google search page rank and 2) Google toolbar Page rank

both are different things so let me know what you looking for ??

Google page rank counts on behalf of many terms like quality information, inbound&outbound link, traffic, bounce rate of the page. And all page individually counts , and at last overall site page rank decide by calculation on each page value according to all above terms.

Thank you for this info, I have another question, How does Alexa calculates it ranks? and like we know that Page Rank is randomly updated by Google and it is not declared when they will increase the next update.. what about the Alexa? I have seen that the rank gets updated daily.. isnt that correct??

Nobody knows exactly how PageRank is made or how Alexa is computing the popularity, the known facts is that PageRank is function of backlinks and Alexa is getting it's input mostly by alexa bar.

Nobody knows exactly how PageRank is made or how Alexa is computing the popularity, the known facts is that PageRank is function of backlinks and Alexa is getting it's input mostly by alexa bar.

Excuse me? I think you are mistaken, The Alexa bar is just to show that the rank & other features of the assumptions of a site by Alexa. the alexa bar is just a front end of the application. it does not have to do anything with the back-end of Alexa and its calculations

Google Page rank is the credibility of your Back-links. it all depends upon your back-link quality

Which page rank you talking about ??

There is two thigns, 1) Google search page rank and 2) Google toolbar Page rank

I mean, can you explain the difference between the two? I know I should just google it, however I'm quite confused already.. Enlighten me please...

PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results

Goggle pr shows that your website has how much unique quality content. Those websites which has high unique quality content ,google gives them high pr.

Google page rank built based on many factors like link juice, traffic, marketing, Branding etc.

Hi i am agree with all of you but i also added some formulas for calculating page ranks:
PR(A) = (1-d) + d(PR(t1)/C(t1) + ... + PR(tn)/C(tn))
or
a page's PageRank = 0.15 + 0.85 * (a "share" of the PageRank of every page that links to it)

I don't care how it works now,cause it is only a little use for ranking

Internet has a lot information about it. Try to find:)

commented: wow, that was helpful. NOT -3

Hi i am agree with all of you but i also added some formulas for calculating page ranks:
PR(A) = (1-d) + d(PR(t1)/C(t1) + ... + PR(tn)/C(tn))
or
a page's PageRank = 0.15 + 0.85 * (a "share" of the PageRank of every page that links to it)

Wow, that is some difficult math to compute right there. My head hurts just looking at that formula. Page rank is still valid, but the algorithms Google uses are so very complex that one formula is not going to explain it properly.

I believe page rank is still used to determine crawl priority and depth of a site. While still used, you still want to focus on the quality of your content and your links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.