hi everyone,

I am new to google ranking etc.

when i type daniweb in google. i get a result where it has links at the bottom for each section of the website(see pic below). i was wondering how do i get this for my website... do i have to pay or is it something to do with the sitemap.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

According to the other forums that I've read, this is something that google will show at their discression. I don't know what criteria your site has to meet before they implement it, it might be a certain ranking or number of hits, but I would imagine that submitting a site-map wouldn't hurt your chances.

According to Google Webmaster Tools ...

Sitelinks are additional links Google sometimes generates from site contents in order to help users navigate your site. Google generates these sitelinks periodically from your site's contents.

Because we generate sitelinks dynamically, this list can change from time to time.

Via your Webmaster Tools account, you're shown a list of Current sitelinks and have the ability to remove a specific one from the list, but you can't suggest other pages to replace them or block others that may appear in the list in the future.

Hi,

Google itself generate these site links for specific domains. But we need to build up reputation of our site to get site links.

Dani would probably know this as well as anybody, since this site does have the links in question...

Was I correct that the selection of sights that receive this is up to Google? or is there something you can submit/request to have your site considered.

The list is automatically generated by Google, and you can request to have one of the links removed but you can't request to have one added.

Never saw anything that lets you request being included in this feature. For me, it just appears as a tab within my google webmaster tools account.

As per Google webmaster

The links shown below some sites in our search results, called sitelinks, are meant to help users navigate your site. Our systems analyze the link structure of your site to find shortcuts that will save users time and allow them to quickly find the information they're looking for.

We only show sitelinks for results when we think they'll be useful to the user. If the structure of your site doesn't allow our algorithms to find good sitelinks, or we don't think that the sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, we won't show them.

We too get similar results, it can be considered google guide for the cached pages that means you need to optimize your sites effectively for different section of your website.

Those are called sitelinks. They are randomly and automatically chosen by Google's algorithm. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.