Hi every body, I have question :
It is good or not if the title tag and the meta description tags have the same meaning or description.. for example :
<TITLE> Learning about SEO <TITLE>
and my description tags
<META NAME="description" content="learning about SEO">
Is any body can explain to me..? Thank you .

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi,

Its better to put your keywords in the title and descriptions. The description can be longer than the title tags. The title tags has a limit of 65 characters, this will show up in google. Try to write a convincing title and description so when people see your listing on search engines, they will be tempted to click on it.

Hi,

Its better to put your keywords in the title and descriptions. The description can be longer than the title tags. The title tags has a limit of 65 characters, this will show up in google. Try to write a convincing title and description so when people see your listing on search engines, they will be tempted to click on it.

Good answer.

I would like to add: in the Description, try to write two or three very short but complete sentences. Do so in such a way as to offer the search engine two or more variations of the webpage`s important keyphrase(s). What I mean by this is to use synonymous keyphrases, alter prefixes and suffixes, use abbrieviations, pluralize etc.

Also, try to get the important keyphrase(s) as close to the beginning of the Title as possible, without hindering the potential visitor`s very brief reading experience. The Title is usually considered one of the most important ranking factors that aids in convincing the searchengine of the value of the keyword within that web page. It also plays a key role in determining whether the searcher clicks through for a visit or not so learn how to impress both simultaneously.

Thanks you to you all, I have a valuable know how from both of you.
One question again from Me is :
Can I have the same name between "site name" and "domain name".
it can influences SEO to get page rank ? thank you

I forgot to mention that it is, in fact, a good thing to have a decent Title that is less than 65 (and up to 80) characters in length but the rule of thumb I use when crafting keyphrase rich Titles is "the shorter the better".

For example: If I have a webpage that is all about SEO than a good Title may simply be "Search Engine Optimization". If I had a web page that was primarily involved with finding the various tweakable components in a hot rod's motor than I could write a Title such as "Search the Engine for Optimization" (whereas "the" and "for" are Stop Words separating the keywords "Search", Engine" and "Optimization"). Both scenarios will get a rank for a keyphrase search for "search engine optimization". One is shorter and more united as a keyphrase and the other example requires the searchengine to group the sequence of the three main keywords in order to satisfy the search criteria. The short, specific Title would normally gain more rewards for a keyphrase search for "Search Engine Optimization" than the longer one.

Can I have the same name between "site name" and "domain name".
it can influences SEO to get page rank ?

I'll try a little paraphrasing, for the purpose of gaining better clarity in the questions. Hopefully you are asking:

Can you use the same keyphrase in your landing page (first webpage the visitor sees when they show up at your dot com) and your domain name (an example could be keyphrase.htm and keyphrase dot com)? Sure, why not.

Would such applications of keyphrases influence my web page's ranking in the search engine results pages (SERPs) for a search query for "keyphrase"? Indeed it should.

it will become spamming if your title is the same as your description, your description should be longer than the title.

Hi every body, I have question :
It is good or not if the title tag and the meta description tags have the same meaning or description.. for example :
<TITLE> Learning about SEO <TITLE>
and my description tags
<META NAME="description" content="learning about SEO">
Is any body can explain to me..? Thank you .

I think it's better that you provide unique keywords for title and description. In this technique, you can give way to other keywords to be place in your site. I mean you need also to put the other keywords so that if the spider will crawl and index your site, all of your keywords have a high chances that will also rank.

I think it's better that you provide unique keywords for title and description. In this technique, you can give way to other keywords to be place in your site. I mean you need also to put the other keywords so that if the spider will crawl and index your site, all of your keywords have a high chances that will also rank.

It astounds me to no end as some can contrive such pitiful excuses as English writing yet have perfectly written and spelled signature anchor links. Anybody know where I'm going with this?

It astounds me to no end as some can contrive such pitiful excuses as English writing yet have perfectly written and spelled signature anchor links. Anybody know where I'm going with this?

hi canadafred, I don't know could you explain more to us about that ? thanks

Title Tags - This show what is the page related with. You can use your targeted keyword here.
Description Tags - This explain it in 2 sentences about the services provided by the web page.

Title Tags - This show what is the page related with. You can use your targeted keyword here.
Description Tags - This explain it in 2 sentences about the services provided by the web page.

Thank you bro, I get a clue with your explanation, ..we keep in touch.

In addition with this, you should also put the keywords. Just like this:

<meta content='keyword1, keyword2,.....' name='KEYWORDS'/>

Thanks to all for the post and comments its very helpful

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.