Hi
I want to know Is there any google panelty on my website, if I submit the same article in "article directories eg ezine" and in my website also.

Please help

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I don't think articles submission worth these days, however if you're still interested and worried about duplicate content issue, you should rewrite the article and submit.

It can just help you in generating some backlinks from article directories and some traffic to your site. just don't expect too much from that.

Yes, as kristinecage said it does generate some backlinks for you. Each of it gives you one backlink. with same article present on many sites, it wont serve you in any way to get extra traffic, which generally is the idea when you submit articles. But if google starts to penalize duplicate content (which it wont), then you are doomed!

I dont think so , never came across those penalties issues,
u should be careful while submitting articles in article directory...

Make sure that you place the article in your web site first.

Let it sit there for a week or two then start submitting it to directories, if you must.

Google will value the one on your web site more than any others provided it is clearly the original. It doesn't penalize the others, it assigns less value.

If you change your h1's a bit and change the structure of the article a little. Do you think Google will find the duplicates?

I don't think articles submission worth these days, however if you're still interested and worried about duplicate content issue, you should rewrite the article and submit.

Articles submission can increase the no. of backlinks of your website (which is one-way incoming links towards your site).

So I think it still worth the efforts!

I have never see like this

I have never see like this

What's your point here??

Make sure that you place the article in your web site first.

Let it sit there for a week or two then start submitting it to directories, if you must.

Google will value the one on your web site more than any others provided it is clearly the original. It doesn't penalize the others, it assigns less value.

I am fully agree with you ..just want to some point into it that dnt submit it in each possible place. You should select some good article submission site and submit it there and after lets its spread by other (but for that your content should be worthy)

Yes, as kristinecage said it does generate some backlinks for you. Each of it gives you one backlink. with same article present on many sites, it wont serve you in any way to get extra traffic, which generally is the idea when you submit articles. But if google starts to penalize duplicate content (which it wont), then you are doomed!

YES. I agree with you fully. You won't be penalized for duplicate article submission.

There is no thing calles a duplicate penalty, they just filter your dupliate content!

Hi
I want to know Is there any google panelty on my website, if I submit the same article in "article directories eg ezine" and in my website also.

Please help

Article submission is really helpful. I you write an article that contains a link back to your site and submit it to different article directories then there is no problem for your site. But if you publish the same article on your own site than you may have to face the problems. Google usually indexes pages from high PR article directories within 24 hours and the original source is that website that has been indexed first.

But i think it could be better if you prefer unique article for unique domain.

Try to make some changes on the article and then u can post that article on the article directories..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.