Hi guys,

While trying a DIY SEO, I have been reading various sources on the internet who have differing views on link programs and especially reciprocal links.

The issue is that one camp hold firmly that reciprocal link programs are a very good idea for your link building strategy. However, another camp believe that the search engines will not rate this highly because anyone can swap links with their 'friends' website, which it as far as the engine is concerned - may well be.

So, what do you guys think? Is is true that the engines view reciprocal links as a bit of a cheat or are they ok? OR should you just work on building one way links with sites who have good PR etc ....

Holla!

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I have used them to get higher rankings in google. On my old website i got to the 1st page doing that on key words with about 1,000,000 pages each. It works. I started a new website using that idea.

Newsman
<< Mod Edit : Please set your signature in the Control Panel >>

I don't really think it matters if it is your friends website you are linked to. As long as the content is relevant and the other sites get just as many if not more hits than your site, you should be okay. Also make sure the site linking to your site is not a link farm.

Thanks guys!

Recips are good, just not as good as one ways.

If you can easily get reciprocals, they're better than not having anything. However, I wouldn't put a whole lotta effort into a directly reciprocal link building campaign, because Google catches on fairly quickly, and it might not be worth the effort in the long run.

Hello

From my experience I can say that building a correct link exchange campaign is very very positive for your Page Ranking.
You should read more about this even on this forum and also arround the internet.

Ovi

I totally agree

Hello

From my experience I can say that building a correct link exchange campaign is very very positive for your Page Ranking.
You should read more about this even on this forum and also arround the internet.

Ovi

I agree. I have sites that I have done this with and get great traffic to now because of it. :)

Cool. Maybe I underestimated reciprocal linking!

I agree with the view that it helps google ranking if you're reciprocal linking with equivalent or higher ranked sites however i also think there is another factor to take into account: Links from other sites that have a reasonable amount of traffic in their own right should, as a result, direct a certain amount of traffic to you anyway. If the links are at technology related sites then the traffic is targetted and you're getting the visitors you're looking for.

My view is aim for good technology sites - thereby keeping the quality of your linking high from both a search engine and actual user perspective.

I have found google results tied more to quantity then quality.When people go to your site very few will follow your links. Why would they?

back linking is gud idea to improve ur site traffic and PR , but it must be somewhere related to ur site... :!:

According to Eric Ward, a highly respected expert on link building - recips are a waste of time. IMHO they are effective, yet may not be worth the time it takes.

i think reciprocal linking is good, i m doing this using only one system or 2 where lot websites are registered so you can make relevant linking.

I made a website based on this idea, once lot people registered you will be able to concentrate solely on this website for reciprocal linking.

Register ur site for free (you can link back to me but you don t have to for now ;)):
<< url snipped >>

Cheers

Hi guys,

While trying a DIY SEO, I have been reading various sources on the internet who have differing views on link programs and especially reciprocal links.

The issue is that one camp hold firmly that reciprocal link programs are a very good idea for your link building strategy. However, another camp believe that the search engines will not rate this highly because anyone can swap links with their 'friends' website, which it as far as the engine is concerned - may well be.

So, what do you guys think? Is is true that the engines view reciprocal links as a bit of a cheat or are they ok? OR should you just work on building one way links with sites who have good PR etc ....

Holla!

Hi,

I dont think you wanna live without related reciprocal links if you want to have a good Google positioning. OR you can go ahead and start buying inbound links if you have too much :) to spend.

reciprocal links are no harm..but they just don't count as much as one way links do

How can I find reciprocal links on my link partner websites?

It's a bad idea if the linking sites are from differnt niches.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.