6 month before I start my SEO carrier as a Off page Optimization, now I start work on on-opage optimization but i don't understand the difference between Title or meta tags. Please help me

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

6 month before I start my SEO carrier as a Off page Optimization, now I start work on on-opage optimization but i don't understand the difference between Title or meta tags. Please help me

Well, you probably need to learn about a few more tags than that so why not spend a half day studying HTML tags. There's tons of great, free, easy to understand resources available on the Internet, even some geared more towards a search engine optimization perspective.

The <title> tag is the title of the website. Search engines use this as the heading/link to the site in their results. They are also used as a factor in ranking web pages. Some search engines put more value on this than others.

Meta tags aren't used to such a degree. Google in the last few years have started using Meta description as the synopsis for webpage results, but maintains that it doesn't use it for ranking purposes. Meta's can also be used to tell a search engine not to index the page.

I don't keen on the difference between them but I know the weight difference them. :)
Title tag is the most important factor for on-page SEO while among all meta tags, only meta description tag is important. :)

both of them are html tags and really very useful for SEO purposes.

title tags is being used to set the title of any page and have great importance from seo point of view. There are many meta tags but meta description have more importance than others for search engines ...

They are both HTML tags... Title tag is for your title (what you see on top of the internet browser). Meta tag is for your keywords and description of your website. These two are used by search engine spiders to identify your website within their search engines.

Title tag and <h1> tag are the most important parts of the page (for se).

These tags are very helpful for the websites. Title mention about what is the page is all about. It should be select very carefully for getting ranking in search engine results because it is crawled first in hand by bots.

Hi,
Great information, thanks for describing about meta tags, title tag etc. These are really useful for newbie for better understanding about search engine optimization.

{snip}

Get an SEO Service and Analysis!

SNIP

Hi,
Title tag is normally used for display title at the top of the window and it is also being used for linking any text or giving some important to that content which we have made. It is also important because most of the search engine give them importance too.
Meta tag is being used to provide some more information about the content which you are going to put on you page.

Both of them are html tags and really very useful for SEO purposes. Just like with Google says that Page Rank has a direct effect on a websites ranking in search results. When a person types in “search engine optimization” in the Google search box and clicks “enter,” the companies that have websites showing on the first page get lots of traffic and potential sales. As Google.com uses several different data centers for its search engine services and also updates them in different intervals webmasters all over the world will see different results when looking for Page Rank results. A Page Rank update will also not complete within an hour or a day. For several days results will fluctuate. You can have some ideas in Search Engine Optimization Spokane to increase your page rank. As a high Page Rank can mean higher amounts of traffic and eventually higher income from a website this event often feels like a rollercoaster ride for the people who depend on having a successful website.

Title Tag:
The Title tag is most important for the website that initially defines your webpage exactly what information your webpage have. This is really an important thing that shown on a web page and visible to both visitors and the search engines. This tag should not be more than 69 or 70 characters. Many experts’ uses more from this length but the search engine would ignore the characters out of this length.
Each page should have different title tags according to the webpage content and information.

Meta tags :
Meta tags just about some html code that you need to put on the top of your webpage source code. This code helps to the search engine spiders while crawling your web page that helps in indexing as well.
For a website, the most important Meta tags are the Title tags, Meta Description tags and Meta Keywords tag. These meta tags are very important and a website must have these meta tags. And the other meta tags, are used for other functions.

Title is what you see on top of your browser or when you look at your codes, it is the one between the<title>Your page title</title>

Meta Tags or Meta Keywords comprises of your keywords, or is what you see under <meta name="title" content="Your page title">on your source code.

Use the <title> tag for your page title. Don't bother with a <meta name="Title"> tag.
How i've got this far and not realised this is a mystery. It's only on the back of an email to one of my suppliers in which i asked them to change all the automated titles on my website that i discovered this. I asked them to change the "meta title tags" so they did. They took my word to the letter and so just changed the <meta name="title"> tag leaving the <title> tag as it was, not much help.

I think Meta tags include Title.

Title , description and keywords come in the Meta tags of a website..

Your keyword should be in these three things.. ;)

Title tag is the most important tag on every any webpage. Search engines use title tag and page content to check relevancy. As far as meta tags are concern, They are useless now (atleast for google)

TITLE tag is a descriptive name of a webpage, shown by browsers as the page name in the browser window at the top. META tags are special HTML tags that allow the creator or editor of a web page to give information about the document that is not displayed in the browser rendered page.

Both Title and Meta tags are same priority and both are important for on-page optimization.

title and meta tags play an important role in Search Engine Optimization (On Page Optimization). Title tag describes the title of a website viz. the subject of the web page. Meta tags include Keywords, Description.

there are lots of meta tags

title tag is the one within <title></title>

and basic meta starts with <meta.....

hope that helps..

TITLE tag is a descriptive name of a webpage, shown by browsers as the page name in the browser window at the top.

It appears in the Header of HTML source code as follows:

<TITLE>Welcome to our first Web Site</TITLE>

And

META tags are special HTML tags that allow the creator or editor of a
web page to give information about the document that is not displayed
in the browser rendered page. The META data is located in the HEAD of
the HTML code and can be viewed by a user by clicking on "View Source"
to see the source code.

hi,
Title tag is what you can see that at the top of your browser and it tells about your page to search engines.
Meta tags are HTML codes those are help you to describe your each and every pages are which help you to be likely found on SERP.

There are many source and website which willn guide the new born about optimixation

Do you need any more clarification regarding this..if you think you got the answer of the question,please flag this thread as solved or else keep askking what is your doubts and i am happy to answer you..
Thanks

Mark

According to me, Both are html tags in which title tag is used to set the title of any web page. Meta description is important in all type of meta tags.

They are the HTML tags and essential for any website for SEO Purpose.

Title and Meta tags are important part of on-page optimization. Google will crawl depends on Title and Meta descriptions. Some of your information was bookmarked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.