Blog Commenting / Signatures in Forum

Member Avatar
Allison2009
Junior Poster
147 posts since Jul 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 3 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Whether blog commenting and Signatures in Forums with links are treated as spam by google.

Your answer would help in getting my doubts clarified.

Thanks in Advance

Member Avatar
MktgRob
Nearly a Posting Virtuoso
1,260 posts since May 2009
Reputation Points: 7 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 4 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 8 [?]

I do not know about how google treats links in signatures in forums but here at DaniWeb you walk a fine line with what you put in your signature. As for blog commenting, I use WordPress for the blogs for my customers and Wordpress allows you to review comments before they are posted and at that point you can identify them as spam and exclude them. I believe some of the other CMS's work the same way. That being said, I am not certain what how Google views blog commenting.

Member Avatar
leahmarie
Junior Poster in Training
94 posts since May 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 7 [?]

In my opinion, it really depends on how you put your anchor text in blog commenting and forum signatures, and whether they are do follow or no follow. For google, signatures and blog comments are considered spam if deliberate links.

Member Avatar
seoindia
78 posts since Oct 2009
Reputation Points: -2 [?]

I don't think so signatures in blog comments & forum are spam.. because it is the blog owner or forum owner which decide whether the comments / signature is spam or not. If he reports the spam to the google then it may be harmful.

Member Avatar
AirForceOne
Posting Pro in Training
457 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 9 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 18 [?]

No.
I think blog commenting might be treated as spam by the blog owners but not by Google.

Member Avatar
ljianyih
58 posts since Nov 2009
Reputation Points: 4 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

Here is how you get your signature link valuable to google search engine and not considered as spam

• Your anchored text must be relevant to your website or webpages
  • the context of the forum in which you have your signature must be relevant (if your website is about game with game website signature, and you post it in irrelevant forum like cosmetic forum for example) then your signature is useless and considered spam
Member Avatar
Allison2009
Junior Poster
147 posts since Jul 2009

I sincerely thank everyone for the valuable input.

Thanks again.

Member Avatar
ljianyih
58 posts since Nov 2009
Reputation Points: 4 [?]

One more thing in addition to what i've posted. In order to get the most out of your signature (besides the 2 points i mentioned) if the links (any links besides signature) are coming from forum or website with high traffic or ranking, you get a more valuable links from the search engine.

Member Avatar
canadafred
SEO Alumni
1,185 posts since Feb 2006
Reputation Points: 207 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 32 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 26 [?]
Featured

I think Google doesn't consider either type of links as spam. It assigns some insignificant value to them but that is based mostly on the credibility of the blog or forum. Dumping links on spam forums and spam blogs can actually be harmful from an SEO perspective.

If you post a comment on a blog that is not deemed important than your link will be deemed unimportant. Same for forum links.

As previously suggested, there is a factor considered as relevancy that can add some small value to the link.

Either way, both forum links and blog comment links are of very little value in the bigger SEO picture, even in huge volumes.

Member Avatar
kickmoko
Light Poster
35 posts since Feb 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]

I don't think so signatures in blog comments & forum are spam.. because it is the blog owner or forum owner which decide whether the comments / signature is spam or not. If he reports the spam to the google then it may be harmful.

i agree..if they will report it there is a chance that google will ban your website...

Member Avatar
Angela12
57 posts since Aug 2009

Signatures are definitely treated as spam in forums and blogs and many forums even ban the membership for the same reason.

Member Avatar
novaking
Newbie Poster
9 posts since Jul 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

No.
I think blog commenting might be treated as spam by the blog owners but not by Google.

yes, some blog commenting should be approved by the blog owners.
I register a blog, i almost recieve emails every day about approving the blog comments.

Member Avatar
redesignunit
Posting Pro in Training
434 posts since May 2009
Reputation Points: -4 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 14 [?]

one or two link is not as spam

Member Avatar
chandi786
Newbie Poster
21 posts since Nov 2009

well, I agree with CanadaFred

Member Avatar
Flower
Junior Poster
197 posts since Mar 2006

This is also a way to promote your resource and it is not counted as spam if follow the rules.

Member Avatar
stefenm
Newbie Poster
19 posts since May 2012

Both the techniques are good for promoting your website. But blog commenting takes time to get approved. try to post in the niche related blogs & forums to get quality backlinks for your website

Member Avatar
neverland34
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Jul 2011
Reputation Points: 11 [?]

I don't think that forum signatures or blog comments are perceived as spam as long as you aim at adding value to the community, not just for the sake of placing a link.

You see, there's no point in using this type of link building - it's next to useless, so don't lose your time. Rather, perceive forums and blogs as great networking opportunities, and contribute there with this in mind.

The more contacts you make in your niche, the more link building opportunities you'll have. For example, you can meet a reputable blogger in your niche in one of the forums, write a guest post for them and voila - earn a great natural high PR link.

Member Avatar
iramsweet
Light Poster
32 posts since Jun 2012

both things are bery important techniques for the marketing of the websites

Member Avatar
shareclock
Light Poster
25 posts since Sep 2011

some time blog commment treated as spam,if you don't wright accourding to blog.

Member Avatar
ptduran
Light Poster
35 posts since Jan 2012
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

If the forum/blog is considered as unworthy..Yes..your posts will be considered as spam. That is the reason..we need to find right website(forum/blog) to post your view.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: