This is basically how the search engine spider crawl through your website.

Basically your website get indexed and ranked when the search engine spiders crawl trough your website. Below is how to google search engine works.

First, Google spider crawls out from the base computer system in its search engine. After crawling out, the spider will go out and check for website or web-pages. When spider found a web page, it will start to read through the web-pages. It will start off with the title tag (between open <title> and close <title> tags). Here, it will read through your keywords or phrases, description tags and meta tags.

After that, the spider will start to read the content of your page. It will take note of keywords or phrases that appeared in your content which has been specified in keywords and description meta tags. It will also take note on the heading you use as larger heading get higher priority. Also, it will also take note on your picture alt tag description and this is why you are recommended to put alt tag for all your pictures.

Now comes the important process related to the ranking of your website. When the spider found a link, it will take note of the links title and follow the links. You get the traffic benefit if the web page is linking to your website. The spider reaching your website will then repeat the process again and start off by reading through the head to body tags of your website.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Would submitting a sitemap make the crawling process faster?

Submitting sitemap wont make your crawling process faster but it will ensure that every single web-pages in your website are crawl through (if you submit a sitemap with all the web-pages url).

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a ban on simplistic posts by newbies!

No offense ljianyih, but your original post (like the posts of many other newbies to DaniWeb) reads like the beginning of a high school oral report titled "The Search Engine is your Friend". The greater majority of the people on here no how SEs work. Give us something we can really sink our teeth into or pose a question that will really get us thinking and talking.

lolx, when i read through this articles i thought this would be useful for those beginners who maybe not sure how the SEO works. I admit that the post maybe seems too beginner.

But thanks for your advice, i'll try to post more constructive and interesting post next time.

Hi Friends

Google is Best and Top Search Engine, We know that But not everyone from us know How can get taffic and visitor from Google.

Many Times I looking for site or software to help me.

Now, I want tell you about this site i found, I think it is great..

Submit Site url To all Search Engines Now

{snipped link}

You can submit your website URL to 20+ top search engines for free, including Google.

{snipped link}

all this free manual and auto submission to the highest-rated...

Thank you and Good Luck

nice. I've also read that if you want to get more traffic, beside submitting to the major search engine, you should submit your directory to www.dmoz.org. But it is quite selective and you may get rejected if your website does not have great content.

lolx, when i read through this articles i thought this would be useful for those beginners who maybe not sure how the SEO works. I admit that the post maybe seems too beginner.

But thanks for your advice, i'll try to post more constructive and interesting post next time.

I hope you did not take it the wrong way. I did not mean to vent frustration at you and based on your reply you seem to be sincere in your original intent. I have mentioned in another post that perhaps an SEO for beginners sub-forum should be started for the people you were aiming to help. It would be beneficial for the true beginners so that they are not paging through higher level posts in the regular forum to find definitions like yours.

ljianyih, can you please tell me your source of the article which you posted over here ?

it's totally fine, no problem. I am learning more and more and will have more ideas to talk something more professional with you guys sooner or later ^^

Every new page, content and update is food for search engine bots and after crawling it is available for the user in search results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.