Hi,

I have an online shopping cart website, which has been indexed by Google - but not all pages. Though the submitted sitemap has more pages, Google has not indexed all the pages. It has indexed around 200 pages.

How to identify the indexed and non-indexed pages by Google.

Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi,

...How to identify the indexed and non-indexed pages by Google.

Thanks in Advance.

Did you submit an updated Google Sitemap?

update site map to google webmasters tool

Did you submit an updated Google Sitemap?

I did submit the updated sitemap in Google Webmasters.

Thanks

pages that are substantially the same are not indexed
for a shopping cart thats most of them
Google webmaster tools
download the list of indexed files

pages that are substantially the same are not indexed
for a shopping cart thats most of them
Google webmaster tools
download the list of indexed files

Yes. For each product, there may be more than five urls, viz., search, full view, for image, etc. But my issue is that, Google has not indexed the no. of pages equal to the no. of products in our website. Means, it has not indexed all of the pages. That is why I am worried.

Thanks

Just continue to build links to your site or promote your subpages.

Yes. For each product, there may be more than five urls, viz., search, full view, for image, etc. But my issue is that, Google has not indexed the no. of pages equal to the no. of products in our website. Means, it has not indexed all of the pages. That is why I am worried.

Thanks

Search engine algorithm has determined that those pages are similar enough to be ignored
shopping cart is likely generated from a database
our database sites have sitemap-xml.php(1) scrapes the database, creates sitemap.xml each time its run and assigns relevant priority and respider dates for each page category
assigns actual product pages a higher priority than sub pages, seems to work I have 26020 products and 26290 indexed pages

(1) was going to be left to spiders but once we got over 400 items spiders began to time out while the sitemap generates, now it runs as a cron task, or manually if somebody makes a lot of alterations

try the sitemap generator at www.auditmypc.com, it will scrape your site, its aware of the sitemap xml schema and you can set priorities,
If filenaming follows a plan,
you can set all data by oneclick, and tell the spiders which pages should be indexed and which should not, ie subpages descriptions
HTH

Search engine algorithm has determined that those pages are similar enough to be ignored
our database sites have sitemap-xml.php(1) scrapes the database, creates sitemap.xml each time its run and assigns relevant priority and respider dates for each page category
assigns actual product pages a higher priority than sub pages, seems to work I have 26020 products and 26290 indexed pages

(1) was going to be left to spiders but once we got over 400 items spiders began to time out while the sitemap generates, now it runs as a cron task, or manually if somebody makes a lot of alterations

try the sitemap generator at www auditmypc com, it will scrape your site, its aware of the sitemap xml schema and you can set priorities,
you can set all data by oneclick, and tell the spiders which pages should be indexed and which should not, ie subpages descriptions
HTH

Thank you very much for your reply. I would try to generate the sitemap using auditmypc.com. I would inform this forum of the result.

Thanks again.

site map helping in crowling

try the sitemap generator at www.auditmypc.com, it will scrape your site, its aware of the sitemap xml schema and you can set priorities,
HTH

First I wish to thank you for the advice. Now with your advice, I got more number of my pages got indexed in Google; but still not all pages.

May be, I need to work on contents and quality link building.

Thanks again

Look on the web for website analytic tools.

May be, I need to work on contents and quality link building.

As much as you can,
buona fortuna

How long have you waited? It could take weeks for Google to decide to index your entire site.

Look if your internal pages are indexed (site:yoursite(dot)com) and after review that all are in your sitemap and that are interlinked properly.

How to get Non indexed pages in Google. I have lots of non indexed pages.

Thanks.
Web development

Just update your page with new virsion and please don't force google to index. Good quality page indexed automitacally.

You can submit your sitemap newly by replacing previous ones.I think, Non-Indexed pages have some structural problem.Please contact with your developer to make the page SEO friendly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.