Does Back linking really worth over page rank ?

Here is one live example i have one campaign going on for that particular campaign i have made one review site...my domain is 1 year old where i have put review on that particular product...and i am targeting one keyword which has more than 2 lakhs search in google.

Here are few quick stats for first 5 sites which are on top for these kewword.

1st position

PR-1
google page index:275
yahoo page index:17
yahoo linkdomain:12,124
domain age: 2007

2nd position
PR-1
google page index:244
yahoo page index:122
yahoo linkdomain:125
domain age: no match found (I am using seo quak to see this data)

3rd position
PR-2
google page index:132
yahoo page index:15
yahoo linkdomain:192
domain age : no match found

4rth position
PR-4
google page index:86
yahoo page index:30
yahoo linkdomain:1203
domain age : 1998

5th position
PR-0
google page index:5840
yahoo page index:312
yahoo linkdomain:35,276

My Stats
PR-0
google page index:167
yahoo page index:102
yahoo linkdomain:566

Here are few question based on this real data

1. what is more important in google search results?
page rank or backlinking ?

2. people says backlinking is key to break any competition as I can see on 5th position has more backlinks then 1st position still its on 5th place then what are key factors which are really working to put 5th site on fifth place instead of 1st place ?

3. Does Website age matter while creating backlinks ?

4. How many backlinks are good for one day...lets says few people stats they are making 100's of backlink per day but few people says only 30 to 50 backlinks work well ? what is your practical experiece says..

I am expecting some real help instead of guess work so please answer this thread if you have some real experience so newbie can really learn from your experience

Hope this is going to be a good helping thread for others too.

Thanks for your time.
Rajiv

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Don't waste your energy trying to figure out the best way to manipulate your off-site ranking factors. Incoming links will grow naturally or they won't. It doesn't really matter when you are focused on working your own content. Concentrate on what's in your control, your web pages; their content and the optimizable webpage components. As far as linking is concerned, focus on internally linking your pages (more valuable than incoming links both ranking wise and PR wise). You are in a position (because you have several sites) to do some nifty network linking (cross-linking). Work your own stuff, the heck with trying to empower your pages externally.

thanks for the reply my friend but still I want to understand how we can get page rank and how backlinks works ..please share your experience if i have new domain then what is the fastest way to get page rank and what is simplest way to get backlinking...
thanks for your time.
Rajiv

thanks for the reply my friend but still I want to understand how we can get page rank and how backlinks works ..please share your experience if i have new domain then what is the fastest way to get page rank and what is simplest way to get backlinking...
thanks for your time.
Rajiv

Seeking Pagerank is a pointless pursuit. Seek rankings! New web site landing page can get out of the sandbox in a couple of months a PR4, with 0 backlinks.

Fastest way to get backlinks? You're doing it now. Google will assess your signature within a couple of hours of posting in this forum.

It's not just the number of backlinks that matters, it's where those links are coming from. If your backlinks are from low PR sites and are forum signatures and things like that, it will not carry as much clout as from within the body of a high PR authority site

It's not just the number of backlinks that matters, it's where those links are coming from. If your backlinks are from low PR sites and are forum signatures and things like that, it will not carry as much clout as from within the body of a high PR authority site

When a hyperlink appears from a signature it can have value, not much, but some. The second time OK, still some value. Third time. .. the value dilutes to near nothingness (maybe after 10). So if a web page has some 1200 signature links from the same forum they are not of any value search engine wise. They become of value only to the Internet visitor, well, they can be of value and should be if the original intent of signatures was honoured.

But for the question of speed, 2 hours is pretty quick to get recognized and processed by the search engine. Is there faster ways to get a link assessed, probably but I haven't seen it.

Does Back linking really worth over page rank ?

Here is one live example i have one campaign going on for that particular campaign i have made one review site...my domain is 1 year old where i have put review on that particular product...and i am targeting one keyword which has more than 2 lakhs search in google.

Here are few quick stats for first 5 sites which are on top for these kewword.

1st position

PR-1
google page index:275
yahoo page index:17
yahoo linkdomain:12,124
domain age: 2007

2nd position
PR-1
google page index:244
yahoo page index:122
yahoo linkdomain:125
domain age: no match found (I am using seo quak to see this data)

3rd position
PR-2
google page index:132
yahoo page index:15
yahoo linkdomain:192
domain age : no match found

4rth position
PR-4
google page index:86
yahoo page index:30
yahoo linkdomain:1203
domain age : 1998

5th position
PR-0
google page index:5840
yahoo page index:312
yahoo linkdomain:35,276

My Stats
PR-0
google page index:167
yahoo page index:102
yahoo linkdomain:566

Here are few question based on this real data

1. what is more important in google search results?
page rank or backlinking ?

2. people says backlinking is key to break any competition as I can see on 5th position has more backlinks then 1st position still its on 5th place then what are key factors which are really working to put 5th site on fifth place instead of 1st place ?

3. Does Website age matter while creating backlinks ?

4. How many backlinks are good for one day...lets says few people stats they are making 100's of backlink per day but few people says only 30 to 50 backlinks work well ? what is your practical experiece says..

I am expecting some real help instead of guess work so please answer this thread if you have some real experience so newbie can really learn from your experience

Hope this is going to be a good helping thread for others too.

Thanks for your time.
Rajiv

I think backlinks is more important to increase traffic and it will get a good PR in search engine ...
Backlinks was successful with a right techniques ...

Thanks

I agree. There's no way we can learn how google rank our website. Or if we know it, they will change there algorithm.

Seeking Pagerank is a pointless pursuit. Seek rankings! New web site landing page can get out of the sandbox in a couple of months a PR4, with 0 backlinks.

Fastest way to get backlinks? You're doing it now. Google will assess your signature within a couple of hours of posting in this forum.

as you said due to signature here i am getting, i heard daniweb is no follow ...so how google will count signature backlink here...every link is no follow tag here...this is something i heard ..i dont know whether its fact or not..please clear.

as you said due to signature here i am getting, i heard daniweb is no follow ...so how google will count signature backlink here...every link is no follow tag here...this is something i heard ..i dont know whether its fact or not..please clear.

Ya it seems to be nofollow. Good eye but that doesn't matter; signature links are still available in a keyphrase search therefore indicating they have been awarded value, somehow in spite of the nofollow attribute.

of course backlinks are very important in raning in google
some website do the same seo work
then backlinks is the most imprtant thing you should do to compete

Pagerank can be take in consideration to get better rankings if 2 or more websites are pointing to the same principal keyword exactly. When we find first a website with less pagerank that the others is because the others have the keyword as secondary keyword not as principal.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.