Hello,

I have been trying to build my link popularity by gaining links from blogs, articles, directories etc.

I recently heard something about no follow links, where google and yahoo etc don't count these links towards your link popularity. Is this the case for most fourums and sites such as this one?

Thanks alot for any help regarding this,

Mike

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

You have to verify links, no forum will tell you if he is nofollow or not ;) Just check the source code and if you find rel="nofollow" after links (in <a href> tags) it means that the forum is a no follow. Yes, they are not counted as backlinks and neither in link popularity counters. Many forums are dofollow, and making your link in your signature can make you earn many visits if it's a nofollow forum :)

Thats great, thanks alot!

Mike

I have heard that it is OK to have a few no follow links. I guess you don't want all follow links. I'm not sure why.

I have heard that it is OK to have a few no follow links. I guess you don't want all follow links. I'm not sure why.

well because a link is a link is a link. :) Link citations from relevant resources have better potential for driving qualified traffic to your website regardless of nofollow attributes.

well because a link is a link is a link. :) Link citations from relevant resources have better potential for driving qualified traffic to your website regardless of nofollow attributes.

I could not agree more!!! I think including some NoFollow link sources can bring in an incredible amount of traffic, especially if that site or forum itself has a lot of traffic. In addition it looks a lot more natural than just concentrating on DoFollow sites.

I find bots tend to ignore same-domain nofollow links
but cross-domain links get logged and spidered, a link is a link

Hi,
No follow link are not count in back links by google but it can be useful for increased website traffic but you should try getting do follow back links for your site.

NOFOLLOW links will not carry the value of the backlink however, that is still being counted as a vote to your site

Suggest me some high page rank dofollow blog.

Well, excatly nofollows forums doesn't pass link juice and as Google has started pennalizing sites, most of the forums and blog owner have changed to no follow.

Nice info thanks.

Try to comment on do follow blogs,articles,forums as no follow links don't allow you to pass their link juice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.