Hi Everybody,

We have a website developed and hosted in one server. We now wish to switch over to Zen Cart and also want the host server to be changed. It is a Shopping Cart website.

By doing this whether our page and keyword rankings would suffer a major blow.

In case, I could avoid a major setback, what should I do.

Thanks in advance for your valuable advice.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Switching your host provider and shopping cart software should have no baring on your sites rankings in the search engines. Just make sure your content remains the same and you have no glaring coding errors when you deploy the new software.

You can do a 301 redirect for all existing pages but it can be really tedious as you would need to know all the existing urls. Try to use permalink and have a consistent naming convention so that the transition would be less painful.

Switching your host provider and shopping cart software should have no baring on your sites rankings in the search engines.

Whenever website IP address change or the server change yes seo ranking goes down......For change or implementation of shopping cart software no effect.

Matt Cutts recommended 301 redirecting a big site one section at a time, letting rankings recover before moving on to the next section.

It shouldn't make a difference as long as you keep all of your URL's exactly the same. Good luck I understand how scary big changes are

Right, if you have many deep links to your inner pages, you would get a obvious drop on your SERP even if you have not change your domain name, IMO. Keeping the page contents and page titles as their original ones would be really helpful for this purpose. :)

Thanks,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.