I’ve tested various link building tips over the years and found the following ways that can have killer effect on your search engine ranking.

But before that, always keep in mind that search engine likes quality incoming links and you need to build link trust. Don’t go for spam links.and my experience is as follows.

1> Forum links and signature : Put your website link in forum post where you discuss a relevant issue and you know that your website has a relevant page for the forum members to know about the topic. Don’t spam it. Also you can use your website link in your account signature. It is also an easy way to get free link and traffic as well.
2> Using social networks : Join different social networks and make lots of online friends and engage them to build link relationship with you. Make them understand what is the importance of it.
3> Links from Blog directories : Now a days blogs are the most important and successful web2.0 platforms to make your online presence. Submit your blog in different blog directories.
4> Submitting themes and web templates : Make website templates, blog themes and publish in different template and theme directories. Mostly you get a free link to website in author/publisher name. If your template/theme is catchy, you will get lots of downloads and free links.

I have some more ways to do this if you want to know more, feel to replay me.

Thanks....

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Hi,
You should also add social bookmarking and writing article for your site in your list which are really beneficial for search engine rankings.

... link building, as an SEO strategy, is over rated. There are soooo many people manipulating the off-site ranking factors that your web pages get diluted in the sea of artificlially pumped up mediocrities and are as feebly visible as all the others wasting the qualified visitor's time, the search engine's resources and Internet bandwidth.

Content. Important, credible, authentic, unique and intelligently presented content will draw in links naturally (that means you don't have to devise any link building schemes), maybe not very many of them, but some and because these links originate from a webmaster's natural desire to offer his Internet visitor additional valuable resources, and are inherently relevant, intelligent and generally of established value, these naturally generated links affect the most positive influence on your web pages in the long term.

Essentially the formula could be:
1. Meaningful web content can sustainably stand on its own two feet in the search engine results pages
2. Useless web pages require search engine manipualtion in order to have a chance to temporarily appear as if they are important and of some value and get themselves offered in the rankings

Link building strategies come and go, they are trendy. They are effective as long as it takes for the search engine or the rest of the link schemers to catch up and to rapidly dampen their SERP performance whereas highly crafted, evolving, well-optimized web sites rock and roll the results pages today, tomorrow and forever. Link building as an SEO strategy collapses repeatedly throughout its endlessly ceasing cheating existence. Sound search engine optimization focuses exclusively on the web page, the web site and particularly the content.

link building is very helpful for getting rank,article submission in top article dir only and use digg, reddit and stumble upon.

I think creating wp themes would be one of the greatest ways. You get a backlink on every page. Furthermore, it's pretty much automated. You just have to probably invest in getting somebody to design a really great looking theme.

Hi,
You should also add social bookmarking and writing article for your site in your list which are really beneficial for search engine rankings.

When you have 4 links pointing to the same site, you are only getting one. Take a look at your signature.

'Submitting themes and web templates' is a bit new to me... i'll take a hand on it thanks jackdalson!

wow... it will take a expensive cost :)

I have tried to do everything except creating the WordPress theme. Since I'm not a web-tech person, that would be an impossible task.

I try to focus on content (relevant, that is). It takes a while, but Google seems to reward you over time.

When you have 4 links pointing to the same site, you are only getting one. Take a look at your signature.

But doesn't it mean you have a better chance with 4 links that google bot will pick it up then 1 link?

I’ve tested various link building tips over the years and found the following ways that can have killer effect on your search engine ranking.

But before that, always keep in mind that search engine likes quality incoming links and you need to build link trust. Don’t go for spam links.and my experience is as follows.

1> Forum links and signature : Put your website link in forum post where you discuss a relevant issue and you know that your website has a relevant page for the forum members to know about the topic. Don’t spam it. Also you can use your website link in your account signature. It is also an easy way to get free link and traffic as well.
2> Using social networks : Join different social networks and make lots of online friends and engage them to build link relationship with you. Make them understand what is the importance of it.
3> Links from Blog directories : Now a days blogs are the most important and successful web2.0 platforms to make your online presence. Submit your blog in different blog directories.
4> Submitting themes and web templates : Make website templates, blog themes and publish in different template and theme directories. Mostly you get a free link to website in author/publisher name. If your template/theme is catchy, you will get lots of downloads and free links.

I have some more ways to do this if you want to know more, feel to replay me.

Thanks....

thanx for sharing...
anyway could u explain more about Submitting themes and web templates ..
it kinda awsome

... Don’t go for spam links.and my experience is as follows ... Thanks

and then you go to describe five ways to spam. See the irony in all this? Links aren't your exclusive Google juice intended for you to spread around haphardly for the sole sake of pleasing a spider. No. Do something useful with your time like crafting exceptionally well optimized important web pages that uniquely offer the Internet something of value rather than go around making it appear that you have created something important enough to merit volumes of incoming links from all over the Internet swarming your mediocrities like a bunch of ...

I am newbie and don't understand alot about getting backlinks.Please help me to get backlinks.Due to form rules i can not publish my site url here.So give me general guidance.Thanks

wow very nice tips here thanks for sharing with Daniweb forum board

Thanks for your tips on building back links and I think social bookmarking and blogging might be the most effective channels for this purpose. Of course, forum signature links would be excellent since we could batch change anchor text according to our new targeted keywords for a lot of back links.

all the best,

try link wheel, it will help your site get indexed

You should also try to write an article, spin it, then submit to several article directories. As long as you've done a good job writing that article, you will soon see this technique's benefits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.