Hi,
There are various ways of increasing your web site link popularity. I'm sharing some important tips which are easily doable :

1. Submit your site in popular search engines manually. Don't go for automated submission.
2. Get your site listed in open directory projects like dmog.org, yahoo.com. Getting listed in these directories will give your site a boost in link popularity and improve search engine ranking in other search engines.
3. Provide high quality content - people will naturally link to your site if you have what they want and no where is available.
4· Your personal relations with other webmasters and put your site link on their sites. One way links often count for more than reciprocal links.
5. Participate in link exchange strategies. Find top 20 sites doing the same business and contact them for reciprocal links. Link exchange between unrelated sites might affect the ranking of websites in the Search Engine.
6· If you are subscribed in a forum and forum does not have any restriction to keep your site link as your signature then it can help you to increase your site popularity.
7· Submit your site to bookmark sites like Digg,StumbleUpon,Technocrati and Slashdot etc. Before submitting please go through their spam policy.
8· Write good articles in blog sites and give few references of your links with in that article.
9· Keep providing good content to your site visitors. Try to keep them busy on your site. If possible create forums, news letters, blogs etc.
10· Buy a place on high rank website where you can put your link.
11· Subscribe for Google adwords program to drive traffic towards your website.

jay 11 commented: copy/pasted content +0

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Yes all of the above are great tips. I also add that you need to constantly do many of the above. SEO is not static but it is like watering a plant. You contantly have to feed it.

All the 11 points are great. Very important to remember is that is better to do all the steps manually.

Yes all of the above are great tips. I also add that you need to constantly do many of the above. SEO is not static but it is like watering a plant. You contantly have to feed it.

Well said...SEO is just like watering a plant! Totally agree with it. You need to continue your job in several ways.

Great tips, much useful one for the beginners.

Great tips
It will help so many newbies like me.
Links from unrelated sites or blog will make bad effect in my blog or site?
Maybe I will choose where to exchange link from now on

Great tips, thanks for sharing the information here.

Hi, how are you doing!
You have mentioned very nice tips. Thanks. But I have a question - why manuall submission is much better than automated one?

Oz

Hello Friends.....

Nice Post.Thanks for sharing this tips with all of us.This will help me a lot to increase my links .

Thanks

I agree with you manual submission takes your time but the best thing is that you get good results for your site.

Thanks for sharing these 11 tips with us!

just tell me what is the best way to use achieve the high pr in a quick time?

Great tips. Thanks for sharing.

Manual submission is always be better. because automated ones are recognized by search engines as inadequate and maybe spam.

Thanks for the wonderful tips.It really helps for beginners like me.

yea, great tips but...nothing new at DANIWEB

Fabulous tips, Thanks for made this thread useful.

All good points. I disagree with bullet 1 though. Personally, I've found it's quicker to build a link to you site from a location that is regularly crawled. Some website owners can get disheartened as the manual submission sometimes takes a while before you site is crawled and indexed.

Creating quality of inbound link helps. Quality deals with relevancy. To create links, engaging on the following helps:

article submission
blog commenting
forum posting
classified ads
social bookmarking
social networking
press release

Then backlink your backlinks :)

Thanks for sharing this.

Hi,

Informative tips are shared here which are helpful for beginner. These tips would contribute a lot to improve the link popularity.

Thanks for sharing and keep going.

Hello dear,You have mentioned very nice tips. Thanks.
<snip>

Manual links submission is always better than using some automated programs but nowadays it is not even needed to manually submitting your web links to the search engines because using links, they would find and follow your pages and index them.

Good points and many more we can add to the list like Press Releases, Classifieds and social networking resources - facebook and twitter are helpful in gaining link popularity for the website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.