This section has been a bit queit lately. How 'bout we share some strategies we used for link building. Link building is sooo tedious, yet soooo important. Express your creativity here...

1. Hire "link monkeys" to individually contact site owners in your related industry.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Use an automatic link directory, such as the one that DaniWeb has. It's hands off, no work for you, and people can submit links instantaneously for instant gratification, and it even periodically does linkback checks on the sites.

Link exchange directories are a controversial topic in the SEO world. According to Danny Sullivan (editor of SEW), Eric Ward is the top authority on link building. Eric Ward has been involved with link building since the late 90's and worked on Amazon. He states that link swapping is "almost" always a waste of time. According to Aaron Wall, author of the SEO Book , he has a site that is ranking pretty relying solely on link swaps.

Putting the functional aspect of link building swapping aside, many believe that link swaps "take away" from the quality of a site. Linking to off-topics and random sites may look unprofessional. Most would agree that the goal of a site should be to serve the visitor, not the spider. IMHO, a link exchange directory is good, if you keep it neat, professional, and is designed to give value to your user. In my industry, I see local real estate agencies in rural America linking to sites in Turkey. You get my point.

In sum, if you do automate your link building process, make sure that you keep your links section organized in a fashion that primarily serves the visitor. Limit your directory to sites that are on topic.

I encourage related web sites by offering a full page to there site, this gives them the opportunity to fully detail what their site is about, I offer the acceptance of banners on these pages (within reason) and they are allowed 3 links per page so they can deep link properly.

It seems to be working as it gives me a content page and them the coverage that they feel is appropiate and they also then give a decent recipricol exchange back.

How can someone like me who feels that I don't want to place links on my site because it may bring the quality of the site down. I do not want to overfill the users with links. Is there a workaround for tha?

well you can go for One-way and Three-way link exchanges.

Also you can submit lotta articles with a link to your website in them to quality websites/Article Directories specialy ment for this purpose.

Each article published would be a quality One-way links to you. :cheesy:

Also you can submit Pres Releases linking keywords in the releases to webpages of your website.

I guess my next question would be then, what are some of the good, reliable, sites where articles can be published? And, what should be included in those articles?

PRWeb.com is one of many sites to post a press release (with a link) and hope someone picks it up!

A few sites to keep your article submissions going :p

Amazines - www.amazines.com - PR4
Article Alley - www.articlealley.com - PR5
Article City - www.articlecity.com - PR6
Article Emporium - www.article-emporium.com - PR4
Articles Factory - www.articlesfactory.com - PR5
Article Finders - www.articlefinders.com - PR5
ArticleSubmissions.com - www.articlesubmissions.com - PR3
ArticleWarehouse - www.articlewarehouse.com - PR4
AuthorConnection.com - www.authorconnection.com - PR5
Business Know-How - www.businessknowhow.com - pr6
BusinessToolchest.com - www.businesstoolchest.com - pr3
Buzzle.com - www.buzzle.com - PR6
Common Connections - www.commonconnections.com - PR3
Connectionteam.com - www.connectionteam.com - PR3
Constant Content - www.constant-content.com - PR6
Createonlinebusiness.com - www.createonlinebusiness.com - PR3
Digital Women.com - www.digital-women.com/submitarticle.htm - PR5
Ezine Articles - www.ezinearticles.com - PR7
Family-Content.com - www.family-content.com/articles - PR4
Free Content - www.certificate.net/wwio - PR5
FreeTrafficTip.com - www.freetraffictip.com - PR4
FreeZineSite.com - www.freezinesite.com - PR2
Fresh-Articles.com - www.fresh-articles.com - PR3
GoArticles.com - www.goarticles.com - PR6
Home-Business-Directory.com - www.home-business-directory.com - PR3
Home Based-business Opportunities - www.home-based-
business-opportunities.com - pr5
Home business Tips Newsletter - www.home-business-tips-newsletter.com - PR3
HowToAdvice.com - www.howtoadvice.com - PR4
IdeaMarketers.com - www.ideamarketers.com - PR5
isnare.com - www.isnare.com PR5
Jogena's - www.jogena.com - PR4
jorbins.com - www.jorbins.com - PR5
Li'l Engine - www.lilengine.com - PR7
LinkSnoop.com - www.linksnoop.com - PR3
Main Street Mom - www.mainstreetmom.com - PR5
Marketing PitBull - www.marketingpitbull.com - PR2
NetterWeb.com - www.netterweb.com - PR4
OpportunityUpdate.com - OpportunityUpdate.com - PR3
Organic-Rankings.com - www.organic-rankings.com - PR3
PromoteNewz.com - www.promotenewz.com -PR4
PromotionWorld.com/articles.html - www.promotionworld.com -PR4
Sales Masters World - www.sales-masters-world.com - PR5
SearchWarp.com - www.searchwarp.com -PR4
SmartAds.info - www.smartads.info/articles - PR4
StoreBuilder.co.uk - www.storebuilder.co.uk - PR4
T & I Grafix - www.tigrafix.com/articles.htm - PR3
TheEzine.net - www.theezine.net - PR4
Top-Web-Marketing.com - www.top-web-marketing.com/article - PR3
Web Host Industry Review - www.thewhir.com/find/articlecentral - PR5
UniTerra.com - uniterra.com -PR3
upromote.com - www.upromote.com - PR3
The Warrior Forum - www.warriorforum.com/forum - PR4
Web Host Industry Review - www.thewhir.com/find/articlecentral - PR5
WebMomz.com - www.webmomz.com - PR3
WebProNews.com - www.webpronews.com - PR7
WebsiteFuel.com - www.websitefuel.com - PR3
website-promotion-ranking-services.com - www.website-promotion-ranking-services.com/article.htm - PR4
Web-Source.net - www.web-source.net -PR6
Womans-Net - womans-netnews.com - PR4
WorkAtHomeArticles.net - www.workathomearticles.net -PR3
Work-at-Home-Jobs-Iowa.com - www.work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com -PR3
Work911.com - www.work911.com - PR4
Xongoo.com - www.xongoo.com - PR6
zinos.com - www.zinos.com -PR6

thanks for those 'few' sites.. :)
lol :)

Thats alot of article sites. I've submitted two articles so far, and they are generating some traffic. But one question, with that many article sites.

I assume that it would be a very bad idea to take the same article and submit it to all of the sites on that list.

Would it be better to pick one and focus articles towards just it. Or start submitting different articles to different sites on the list. That way you would have more unique inbound links.

Thats alot of article sites. I've submitted two articles so far, and they are generating some traffic. But one question, with that many article sites.

I assume that it would be a very bad idea to take the same article and submit it to all of the sites on that list.

Would it be better to pick one and focus articles towards just it. Or start submitting different articles to different sites on the list. That way you would have more unique inbound links.

You can submit the same article to all the sites as well have different articles subitted to different sites.

As not many webmasters would have lot of articles at their disposal to submite to different sites, it is good ded to submit the same articles everywhere.

For every website has different traffic n u never know which one bring u the most visitors.

So, keep on experimenting as well.

Hi,

I tend to submit them as they are but change the link to a different page (if you have more than one on the subject that is) so that it forms a more natural linking structure as opposed to having them all point to the same page. Its not an issue even if they do all point to the same page though but I like to get more of my pages linked to so as to appeal to a wider audience.

Mike

How does it help if you submit it to those sites because the URL gets stripped out? Since it gets stripped out, how are the search engines able to pick it up then? I submitted it to 3 different sites but noticed, it just content without the URL. How will it help my site?
Sorry for the frivolous questions.

The link to your site/page is generally situated in the resource box of the article where they allow you to place links.

Another strategy that is being used on the internet to gain lots of one-way backlinks is to develop a free web application and allow others to install it on their own site with a link going back to their site. ArticleDashboard is doing this at http://www.articledashboard.com/download.htm

How can someone like me who feels that I don't want to place links on my site because it may bring the quality of the site down. I do not want to overfill the users with links. Is there a workaround for tha?

Keep the links relevant and only to quality sites and your users will stay happy. google also likes you to link to a few relevant sites.

Instant link building programs no longer are working nowadays because the automated links exchanges have already been discovered and devalued by the Google and other search portals. Writing and submitting articles can still be nice and useful to build traffic fr the websites in short terms. They are free to use and results could be great in some cases.

Article submission is a proven approach to increase one-way links to our website. Article submission is a effective process of SEO. Yes, there are number of software available in the market for submitting articles. I have used, but I still prefer to you please submit article manually to avoid errors. I suggest to submit articles in this publish free articles.

As dennygraigh said article marketing is a very good technique nd better do it manually with some of the top article directories.

Nice link building strategies have been provided which would help one to gain link building paths.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.