Hello friends,

I have been doing the on page seo and off page seo but I don't get much traffic lately.

For on page seo, I use good keywords, meta description tag, alt tags, updated content, etc.

For off apge seo, I use articles to submit to article directories and submit my blogs to social bookmarking sites.

What do I miss?

Thanks.

Have a good day!

Recommended Answers

All 42 Replies

You need to do more offpage seo. Try to get an authority site in your niche to link to your site.

All SEO begins with deciding on effective keyphrases and optimizing web pages for them. Try to find ones that are attainable mostly using onpage and on-site search engine optimization. Try to figure out ways to make your web pages important enough on their own for the search engine to deem the content credible enough to highly rank in its results pages. See what I'm getting at ... craft web content in such a way that allows off-site ranking influences to determine themselves. Let links to your stuff come naturally, if any. Focus internally, all that which is within your control, your webpages, your coding and how the SEO things you do within your pages reinforce keyphrases and relate to one another.

Concentrate more on your off-page SEO, and I think you either forgot to mention backlinking, or you are not doing it at all. That is the key factor!

you can do many kind of off page seo work
not just social bookmarking service
but also yahoo answers,do-follow blog comments, article submissions

Increase your off page activities and do blog commenting on high PR blogs to increase your quality backlinks..

1. Blog Comments: - there are thousands of people across the net blogging away on a plethora of different subjects and almost all of them invite your interaction; bloggers want to hear your comments on their chosen subjects and so provide the facility for you to leave them. When you do, make sure that there is a link to your site attached. This type of SEO works best if the blogs are relevant to your business type.
2. Article Marketing: - if you have a flare for the written word or know someone else who'd be happy to write articles for you, submitting articles to the many and varied article directories is a very effective tool.
3. Forums: - Signing-up to various industry-relevant forums and getting involved; leaving interesting comments (with of course your website link attached to each one) will get your site noted.
4. Back Links: - if you can convince other respected, established sites that already rank highly in search results to carry a link to your own site, this is viewed very favourably by the search engines.
5. RSS Feeds: - basically a way to publish frequently updated material like blog entries; displaying the latest headlines from other websites on your own site using an RSS feed or, if your site has regularly changing content, having people subscribe to a feed from yours, is an excellent way to improve your site's Off Page SEO.

All of these tips require effort and dedication to make them work well and will not be effective unless you are prepared to dedicate a large chunk of your time and energy into making your SEO strategy work. You'll need to develop new skill sets and be persistent but above all be very, very patient.
Good Luck.

Most of the time, the problem lies in the selection of keywords that you are targeting. If you choose keywords with moderate amount of searches, plus easy competition for the first page (PR rank, Keywords in Title, age of domain, etc), then on-page SEO and a little bit of backlinking should already be enough.

Seo will never give immediate results. So be patient still to achieve your target

What I do is utilize trackbacking software that automatically generates links to relevant blog posts regarding a specific blog post that I've written. Once generated, I proliferate my website link into their pages and automatically get a backlink to my content. However, make sure the content is relevant, it's good for backlinking and you don't have to go through the pain of asking them, lol.

I totally agree with dilpasand that you'll have to be patient. Good luck and I wish you the best!

All SEO begins with deciding on effective keyphrases and optimizing web pages for them. Try to find ones that are attainable mostly using onpage and on-site search engine optimization. Try to figure out ways to make your web pages important enough on their own for the search engine to deem the content credible enough to highly rank in its results pages. See what I'm getting at ... craft web content in such a way that allows off-site ranking influences to determine themselves. Let links to your stuff come naturally, if any. Focus internally, all that which is within your control, your webpages, your coding and how the SEO things you do within your pages reinforce keyphrases and relate to one another.

Fred is right on the money. One thing a lot of people overlook is having quality content on their site. Some people think that just writing a lot of mumble jumble stuffed with keywords is going to get them the credibility, placement and ranking they are hoping for. Having good content will give you credibility and even prestige and authority.

Is very important to review the keywords and verify the competition.

If you want traffic to your site build more links for site or spend more time on building links toward you site and put contents on your site to make people come and visits again. and try to optimize your site pages like your targeted keywords and make use one of your targeted keywords on your page title and on headings tags like h1-h6 using of your keywords on your page description or meta tags description.

You need to do more on page optimization like URL redirect and off page optimization

Basically there are two techniques in SEO to promoting site 1) On page SEO and 2) Off page SEO. Mostly off page SEO is more using to get back links and promoting our site. Some off page services are forum posting, blogging, social bookmarking, Article submission and etc. On page SEO services are meta tag, use HTML tag, Key phrase Research and etc.

On-page or Off-page seo techniques both are very helpful to generate more traffic. But, traffic depends how are you using these techniques. Blog optimization, link building, effective keyword analysis, book-marking, directory submission, article submission are some important methods for increasing web traffic.

you can do 'do follow' blog comments and links on relevant sites that are help you to get rank.

An Off Page search engine optimization involves the methodologies that you employ to secure your site of a better search engine ranking and a faster indexing outside or external to your web site pages - thus called off page SEO. Generally, the Off Page SEO works on ways like building link popularity with other sites. This is made thru the creation of back links from other site sources when a net user clicks that back link from a website; he or she is going to be directed right thru your own landing page. It may seem to look easy but this is a lot harder to be done.

Well you missed directory submission, forum posting, link wheel and social networking. These techniques helps in getting traffic and improves ranking.

On-Page Optimization and Off-Page Optimization is part of Search Engine Optimization. Those both technique is used for increase the ranking of any website.

The results of off-page seo would be better if you complete your on-page seo in your website. Else you have to work lot to attain the position serp.

You should optimize images with alt tag. Do more off-page activities like Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission, Article Submission, Press Release Submission, Classifieds, forum posting, blog commenting etc. Create a blog and regularly post an quality article in it. Give you site link in blog post which is good for backlink as well as traffic purpose.

Article Submission & Social Bookmarking only not enough on offpage strategies. You can participate in some other activities also like Forum Discussion, Press Releases etc., These are also good to increase website traffic.

You are missing many activites like forum participations, social networking activities, blog commenting, classifieds etc. Check the budget allowance and design the seo plan.

I think you should have to make a look on your keywords, which you are optimizing, select the proper keywords and than do the On-page and Off-page. Because it is impossible,if you are making the proper use of the SEO techniques and your are not getting traffic.Also you should have to pay attention to the better usages of Social Media Site to for your site promoteion.

you need check site content then optimize keyword wise content....
then creat sitemap and also submit sitemap on google webmaster....
then work to off page.........

This is the common things but which are the best factors to increase website visibility as well as getting business. Brief and favourable answer will be appreciate.

On Page Optimization and Off Page Optimization is Mainly Part of SEO, Both Strategy is very Useful for Web Promotion.

you are doing good but add some more activities of SEO off page like Directory Submission , Press release , Blog Commenting , Forum posting , PDF and PPT submission.

Keep doing it. Include bookmarking lists, web2.0 list

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.