if some one change his signature back link and suppose forum is already linking back to particular site so can it will effect back link...

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

Well backlinks will be changed and will now be a backlink to the new web or blog to which the link has been changed!

If you change your forum signature, it affects all of the posts which you have already contributed. So, yes, it *is* retroactive.

If you are using Signature A for awhile, and then you switch to Signature B, all of your posts will now display Signature B. However, it is possible that some of your older posts will still be indexed in the search engines with your original signature, and Google may not update this, especially if they are older posts on pages that have long been forgotten about.

commented: hmm never thought of that +9

i am totally agreed with CSCGAL.... it is true that google might be indexed it with the old signature... so it has a little chance to get the backlink from it.( i am talking about the older site)

Yes, All of you are correct, If you change the signature of your forum then all posted forum signature will change automatically. But If you want to index your previous post with new signature then you have to first index on Google then may be new back link will be consider.

No ,It doesn't effect on your back links,if you want to change your website signature,you can easily change and it will automatically change with your all back links without effecting.

Yes it will effect as a new backlinks for the new site

By changing the you're forum signature, I think all your post will link back to your new signature. But I also agree cscgal, Google will be indexing your signature however some of it are still linking back to the older signature.

Of course, it affects on all your posts. you can't get any good result for which site you have made backlink in forums.

the number <50posters, disagreeing with csgal's interpretation of how the site is run,

bossLady, the noobs have spoke, you must be wrong

Noobs, that was a facetious comment, csgal is bossLady, the Queen of DaniWeb, her board, her decisions, her config, so its probably not reasonable to disagree

If it were ya dog, y'd shoot it

Hi,

Right, the new links would be the effective links after search engines re-index them.

Also, I think this feature would be the best feature for backlinking via forum signature since we could change them in a batch mode according to our keyword strategies.

all the best,

The backlink is no more remain the backlink if you change your signature links so it definitely give effect.

The point I was trying to make is that even though when you change your signature, ALL of your posts are affected, Google won't necessarily re-spider and reindex ALL of your posts. Therefore, you will end up with Google recognizing some of your posts with your old signature and some of your posts with your new signature.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but google doesn't "see" the signatures here on DW right? If you search for your signature for example, I only get 1 result back from Daniweb, which is your member profile. So all the "nice" SEO-fellas here, who are posting as much as the possibly can to promote their signature-link are actually wasting their time because it has no effect on searchengine results whatsoever.

It will surely affect all the posts if you change the forum signature.

commented: Read first, post later -3

Nick: Yes, that is correct. However, because this is posted in the SEO forum and not the DaniWeb feedback forum, all of my comments were related to signatures across forums in general.

Nick: Yes, that is correct. However, because this is posted in the SEO forum and not the DaniWeb feedback forum, all of my comments were related to signatures across forums in general.

Aaah, my bad :)

I just wanted to get the word out that signature links on Daniweb have no use regarding SEO whatsoever :p

> It will surely affect all the posts if you change the forum signature.
Yup :)

> I just wanted to get the word out that signature links on Daniweb have no use regarding SEO whatsoever
LOL, okay, even though the OP wasn't referring to DaniWeb

It will be changed next indexing

It depends upon the forum settings. Sometimes change in signature reflect in each & every posting and sometines it will reflect in postings in new postings.

In Search Engine Optimization Signature always play important role.When you do commenting your signature create direct backlinks to your website.It can be modified easily and it affect to all backlinks automatically.

Definatly by changing forum signature you can 80% chance of loosing backlinks which you have already.

I tried it and it's very good result is produced that, although the previous site, to which the "change signature" Points to benefit even later, not face any abasement.

for sometimes your site's backlinks will remain, it will be changed once the SE crawled again forum sigs.

Yes,it affects on all your posts..and would be great result for your web ranking.

I have noticed it. It will affect your position in SERPs.

Definitely, it will change all your back link count.a

it's good mostly if the forum is relevant to your niche and a do follow one

When we change signature according our website need,All forum commenting old backlinks automatically replace these new signature backlinks.

Lets say you visit 5 forums, and all have signatures, now change the link in the forum to point to the new site for all of your 5 forums, wait about a few weeks to be sure then check Google.

Are you still in the same position as before (give and take of course), if yes, then changing the signatures has no affect but if you drop from 1st page to 5th page, then you know the answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.