I am using blog posting, forum posting, comment posting, article submission to get website on the ranking track.
What is today’s Best Practice to get more back links and increase website ranking?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I am using blog posting, forum posting, comment posting, article submission to get website on the ranking track.
What is today’s Best Practice to get more back links and increase website ranking?

Best practice? Well, certainly not writing blog posts for the sake of attempting to get an SEO advantage, or dumping useless forum postings all over the place or commenting on other people's blogs in order to drop a hyperlink etc. etc. These type of activities are grey hat search engine optimization skills. These are some of the trendy, generic search engine manipulation techniques and they cannot guarantee effectiveness in the results pages.

Best practice? Create web pages that are uniquely useful and intelligently written. Deploy white hat SEO techniques as dictacted by the search engine's quality content guidelines. In other words, craft webpages for the Internet visitor primarily. Perform Internet functions that will enhance usability. It's kinda' ironic but I suppose the best SEO practice would be to not do anything for the sake of impressing a search engine. Go figure.

Many of the avenues you mention use no-follow for external links. In my opinion,if your blog, forums, comments, or article postings have valuable information, then post away. People can tell if the postings are there just for "SEO" (seriously, you see these types of useless postings everywhere.) I hope you are not one of them :) Do explore other avenues of SEO. There are many reputable SEO companies that give online tips and advice. I'm sure you know how to find them.

Today's Best SEO practice is to analyze your competitor.
Try to get more traffic on your site by organic way.
Get quality backlinks which help you in your site popularity.

Well,with some common tactics like article writing,blog commenting etc,It's also necessary to keep in mind that the keywords you're targeting should relevant to your site content,the
targeted keywords popular phrases should be used in search engine queries and page titles should start with your targeted keywords.

I'd say it's the same as it ever was. List your website/blog in directories, look for reciprocal link partners (put up a links page usually works best) write good content. Article links do work well as these sites are updated quite reguarly and therefore spidered quite a lot, but also find newsletter editors who are looking for fresh content, as well as a link back (most of these get archived as back issues) you could get a few visitors if the newsletter is popular. People think the web has changed because of all the social networking sites but according to Matt Cutts of google they can't always access all the content these sites provide and are looking at solutions to this. So whilst they're good for networking probably not so good for backlinks? I tend to stick to the basics original ways and my sites do well enough.

Hi, blog posting and forum commenting are the best ways to build the ranks of a website.

SOme useful tips can be

1.) Article submission
2.)Specific Keyword Postioning
Make sure you place keywords in the specific areas that search engine crawlers look for them. Place keywords in titles, description, and tags
3.)Content
Have optimized and original content
4.) Keyword Research based on “Time-Spent”
Most important is this one. Spent quality time to find which are the most popular keywords . Google Adwords Keyword Tool or Google Insight and Google Suggestions are good examples of some of the tools you can use to find the right keywords for you.
5.)Social Bookmarking

Regards

Follow the same old techniques, nothing new in SEO but do more than your competitor.

Today's best practice is to write good quality and unique content for the website. Do link building by avoiding black hat techniques like spamming and keyword stuffing.

Good quality content for all of the things you mention.

There aren't really any magic tricks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.