My purpose is to find some one investor who will recognize the long-term reward of backing me especially over these immediate 6-12 months. I have a work which has been building for 40 years. It is of the momentary underlay of living language. I have required all this time to become proof-tempered to the task. And I am unpublished, for good cause, and am unaffiliated.

I know exactly what I shall only best say on a single web page. It will be to provoke investors to initiate contact with me. In those few pointed sentences there will be no keywords or key phrases for the search engines. Indeed, such would only diminish from what I know to say very singularly.

While I will certainly provide an exact site description within my metatags, I know that the whole draw potential with my site will have to be for how I have named it. I have hit upon 27 suitable site names I can see are available. I maybe will choose, within my meager means, as many as six to register and to open.

Now here is my question -- If an investor somewhere in the world should enter what is a likely enough search phrase, such as "to grow invest," how should that investor be brought to notice my site? Should I be registered under the name <togrowinvest.com>? Or should I be <to-grow-invest.com>? Or should I be <to.grow.invest.com>? Or what am I failing to realize?

Thank you,
mtk

W

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My opinion:

Ignore to.grow.invest.com as it is creating subdomains and is not a generally understood form.

Register the other two and have the single word form redirect to the dashed form using what is called a 301 Permanent Redirect.

Why?

It's easier to tell people the single word version and for them to type it in. So use that on business cards and all off-line media.

However, the dashed form works better on the Internet. The search engines can work out the words more easily and users can visualise them better. (is it ToGrowInvest or TogRowInVest?)

This is why the redirect is in place. This lest people type in the single word form, but it always ends up in the dashed form. This is the form that will propagate around the internet, accumulating ranking for your website.

Am just now getting back to my computer after yesterday's post.

Your answer is a thorough one. And it is generous, since you can tell I am so green,
to go with this gray. Thank you.

My opinion:

Ignore to.grow.invest.com as it is creating subdomains and is not a generally understood form.

Register the other two and have the single word form redirect to the dashed form using what is called a 301 Permanent Redirect.

Why?

It's easier to tell people the single word version and for them to type it in. So use that on business cards and all off-line media.

However, the dashed form works better on the Internet. The search engines can work out the words more easily and users can visualise them better. (is it ToGrowInvest or TogRowInVest?)

This is why the redirect is in place. This lest people type in the single word form, but it always ends up in the dashed form. This is the form that will propagate around the internet, accumulating ranking for your website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.