in net taking people start notice of the ranking changes as of last night after 6pm EDT
http://www.seroundtable.com/google-panda-22-13532.html

O NO NOT Again .. I hate this . did you people notice any changes in your traffic or keyword Ranking ?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I hope that there's another big algo change in the works. I'm just waiting for the day when one of them will knock us back up to where we used to be. It really can't get much worse, so anything can only be an improvement for us.

Are there seasoned Panda-watchers here that can advice on the dates of the different Panda updates? I'm trying to identify the data points in the stats.

It looks like officially, the dates are something like this:

Panda 1.0 - February 24, 2011 - certain
Panda 1.1 - ?
Panda 1.2 - ?
Panda 2.0 - ?
Panda 2.1 - ?
Panda 2.2 - June 9th, 2011 not too certain

Can anyone fill in the dates between 1.0 and 2.2? Thanks!

I believe occurred around the 6th June, three out of the four sites that I've been watching that weren't hit by previous panda updates suffered due to this update.

The one that wasn't hit had more textual content onpage for each tag, the others just had anchor links on their tag pages.

If I were you Dani I would remove the footer tag cloud. And replace it with some post related blurb that's useful to the user.

Ads are moot, I've seen sites with 18 or so ads.

Google can read javascript, if seoquake can do it then I'm sure google can.

This is speculation at the moment but I am currently seeing trends where thin pages have no google cache.

in net taking people start notice of the ranking changes as of last night after 6pm EDT
http://www.seroundtable.com/google-panda-22-13532.html

O NO NOT Again .. I hate this . did you people notice any changes in your traffic or keyword Ranking ?

The SERPs are not very consistent since Panda update. Changes are being seen continually, and many results with outdated content are still showing up.

This update will only affect 11% of all search . So don't worry about this more

I guess it's time to add another line to the Panda tracker:

Panda 2.3 - July 24th, 2011

Does everyone agree?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.