Hi all

I've read that blogging is a great way to increase your search rankings, but it takes a while to get a following. I have just set up a blog but it has yet to go live. I have looked at other blogs and think that this one is good <snip>

At the moment my blog has no apps, while he has loads of features like links to twitter, facebook, share tags that link to (twitter, facebook, diggit, linkedin, delicious), things he likes, RSS reader. It is a very viral blog and all his social networking, web sites, and blog merge into one. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what was on his page and how I could get all those features on my wordpress blog?

Regards

Roydimeo

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why not just send an email to the blogger and ask him what he uses on his blog. If you ask politely, most webmasters and bloggers willingly share their information.

While you are waiting for a reply (assuming it comes) browse around the Wordpress site and investigate all their plug-ins and add-ons. Perhaps you will find what you are looking for on your own. You might also want to visit some forums specifically about blogging; they have many resources relevant to blogging.

Why not just send an email to the blogger and ask him what he uses on his blog. If you ask politely, most webmasters and bloggers willingly share their information.

While you are waiting for a reply (assuming it comes) browse around the Wordpress site and investigate all their plug-ins and add-ons. Perhaps you will find what you are looking for on your own. You might also want to visit some forums specifically about blogging; they have many resources relevant to blogging.

I will try that, but I probably wouldn't be able to work out what plug ins thry on my own yet cos i'm still new to this, but i'll try.

You can sure do blogging for increasing back links for your site. You should post fresh and unique content to your blog. Do not ever use blog as link farm. Link farm is called as black hat techniques. Always approach for white hat techniques for getting back links.

Now a days blogging is one of the best method for online promotion.Write quality content in blog posts and then share blog post on social media blogs.Blogging can provide huge number of quality backlinks and good amount of traffic.
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.