I have a question in relation to google rankings. I am in competition with much bigger websites like thinkexist.com and quotegarden.com. These sites are definitely a lot older, but what I have noticed about one in particular is that the owner has a LOT of backlinks on different article submission sites and so on. He is making about $17,000 monthly. What do you think is the most important thing for me to do in order to start getting more traffic from Google? I am posting a lot of backlinks too, but I am afraid Google might be filtering them because of the newness of my site. Its only 4 months old compared to other sites that are 10 or 11 years old Are there any opinions on that? Does anyone have experience with this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Of Course, Google considers domain age. Based on it, it determines how much traffic it has to send to your new site. One important thing you have to keep in mind, it doesn't matter how many backlinks you have developed to your site but its matter how many backlinks are valuable among total backlinks. For example, building backlinks from Social Bookmarking sites, Directories and other commonly used sites do not strength your site and Google ignores such links in ranking and sending traffic as per my personal experience. The reason why Google strictly considers domain age is, there is no guarantee a site owner maintains site forever. For this reason, Google watches domain activity for some time (for example maximum 2 years). So, if you decided to beat those big sites, it is not possible in short time naturally but it can be possible through paid advertising solutions. However, Guest Blogging is a powerful source for improving the traffic, reputation and PageRank. It helps your site to get quick recognizing from Google. If you have a strong motto to beat such large websites, you can do it with patience and hard work.

Yes,ofcourse google filtering the Keywords.

yes Aaren is write

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.