1,105,633 Community Members

I need to improve this SEO configuration .

Member Avatar
Clanstrom
Junior Poster in Training
72 posts since Mar 2011
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 5 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I have always copy/paste this below code as a template for meta tags on project, but I think they are not effective as they could possible be. So, I need to know if there is anyway I can improve it. suppose I have a site called coop.com for a company called Coopm and we do import and export as a business in France.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
            <meta name="rpbots" content="index, follow" />
            <meta name="description" content="ccop is a major import and export company" />
            <meta name="keywords" content="coop, coop.com coop company, import export, import export france,  " />
            <meta name='REVISIT-AFTER' content='30 DAYS'>

<title>coop is an import and export company located in France</title>
        </head>  

The reason I am asking, is because I want to know if there are better ways of constructing your SEO tags, and construction.

Member Avatar
Dani
The Queen of DaniWeb
20,566 posts since Feb 2002
Reputation Points: 1,356 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 931 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 204 [?]
Administrator
Featured
Sponsor

Meta tags really need to be specific to the individual page as opposed to being from a generic template. Firstly, the revisit-after hint (which is just a hint, not a directive) is pretty much obsolete nowadays. Google will come back when they are good and ready, not sooner, not later. But you can give the best chance by submitting a sitemap at Google Webmaster Tools. I assume you meant meta name="robots" and not "rpbots", but, either way, "index, follow" is the default, so there's no need to specify it unless you want to nofollow the page, in which case you would set it to <meta name="robots" content="nofollow" />. It's typically a good idea to nofollow individual pages that have thin or duplicate content. And, of course, you want to set a title, description and keywords that are page-specific, not site-specific. Google Webmaster Tools will alert you if multiple pages in the site have duplicate title or description tags.

Member Avatar
EthanBronner
Newbie Poster
6 posts since Nov 2012
Reputation Points: 1 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

Meta tatg is very important role in any website,you need pout tile in first,than after keyword and than desicrpation.

Member Avatar
dwivid
Light Poster
30 posts since Sep 2012
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

I am in support with Dani. She is write on several factor. I like to suggest first think to change that issues then after move for any other thing.
thanks

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: