Hi, friends how our website will get affected by the google panda and penguin update.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Is a good question but difficult to answer by any SEO

Thanks
Khalid

Ugh, I'm kinda pissed about it. We got hit in the previous Panda algorithm update a few months ago, and I was really hoping for a recovery this time. I've been refeshing my analytics all day waiting for it to come. Then, just a few minutes ago, I was talking to someone on Skype who told me that they noticed it rolling out already. That completely burst my bubble!! I guess no recovery for us this time :(

That being said, I did hear that this would be the last manual Panda update. From now on, Panda will be integrated with the main Google algorithm and be continuous, rolling updates. Hopefully that means that we can fix whatever needs fixing and get ourselves back in Google's good graces sooner rather than later. Just not now I guess :(

If your website has duplicate content and spamming links, then Google Panda and Penguin will affect your website.

Google panda has announced red alert for those site who has duplicate content.After this update sites ranking was gone down very badly..

If your websites doesn't follow the google webmaster guidelines, that it affects from google panda update.

Google Panda updates affect those websites which are using wrong techniques of On page SEO to rank better. These updates check the duplicate content of websites, check the keyword stuffing, and also analyze user friendliness of website.
Penguin updates check the link building process, check that whether website is following Google webmaster guideline and huge advertisment on the website. As a penalty of both Google drop the ranking of the websites and put them in low quality sites.

google algorithms targeted sites having bad quality content,poor links,broken links,link excahnging with black liste host,repetation of keywords...To get rid of this follow strictly the guideline of google algorithms complete onsite first then move to offsite cheers

Google panda had penalized those website having duplicate content

Dani, has anyone recovered from panda that you know of? I was hit for re-posting press releases on my website, I didn't realize that would eventually hurt my rankings, but it did. I don't post them for SEO, but for my readers (I have over 1,500 registered users and over 6,000 email subscribers). I am disappointed with Google for being too stupid to determine the difference between farm content and content re-disturbed for readers... because they actually WANT to read guitar news and updates.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Back in Feb 2011 I didn't change much except for the basics such as tags, URL structures and some basic meta tags... because I thought Google would adjust and figure out who really are the good websites, but they haven't yet. And now I lost faith they ever will.

Dani, has anyone recovered from panda that you know of?

We were hit in February 2011 and made a full recovery (over 150% of our pre-Panda traffic, peaking at 200%) back in June 2011. We were hit again in November 2012 and have yet to recover.

I was hit for re-posting press releases on my website, I didn't realize that would eventually hurt my rankings, but it did.

Yes, duplicate content penalty.

I am disappointed with Google for being too stupid to determine the difference between farm content and content re-disturbed for readers.

It's not that they necessarily think you're a content farm. It's that they would rather send their visitors (the Googlers) to the original source of the article instead of to where it has been resyndicated.

It's not that they necessarily think you're a content farm. It's that they would rather send their visitors (the Googlers) to the original source of the article instead of to where it has been resyndicated.

Hey Dani, yeah...I understand that, but how this works in my field is guitar companies / manufactures send out 100s of press releases to bloggers (like me) to post on our website which gives them publicity, and news to my readers. So basically there is no orginal source posted on the internet. I guess my complaint is I think these pressers are important to my readers, if I stop posting them, my readers will need to go someplace else to find up-to-date guitar news... or they will never get to see all the cool new guitars that come out. When I publish a post (wordpress), it gets sent out via Feedburner email to 1,000s of my feedburner subscribers, so I get a lot of traffic from Feedburner.

In addition to that, I am also having the same problem you have dealt with, which is other websites syndicating my original content and reviews without a link back. I've watched your videos and remember you talking about that. Part of me thinks things will even out when the dusts settles... at least I hope so. I don't really want to remove the Pressers, I think they are too valuable to my readers and gives them a 'better user experience', which is the real end goal.

Anyhow, I hope you recover next update. You have a really good thing here and I would rather see your site at the top instead of Squidoo, Amazon, and eHow. Lol

Sites having duplicate content were penalized after google panda updates.

Sites having duplicate content were penalized after google panda updates.

Unless your Amazon who uses manufacture's product content on almost everything they list on their website. Google must have manually adjusted their algorithm just for them... because they passed the farmer update somehow.

No matter whether it is panda update or any Google update. Avoid illegal techniques then you won't wory about such things. Always write fresh and informative content for Google as well as users

Some Useful Information:

1) Do not Link Farm
2) Do not Clocking
3) Do not Over Optimization
4) Do Not Spamming
5) Do not Keyword Stuffing

this tips use and do not affect your website Google Panda and Penguin.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.