Hey guys, pls help me.

My site have too many backlinks and some are looks very spammy or not site related that hurt my site.
So i decided that i create a database of that kind of backlinks and submit it on webmaster disavow tool.
Now, is there any issue occur with my site about ranking?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Once you remove the bad spammy links from the website, try performing tasks to obtain effective backlinks. Definitely ranking would improve and also your site won't suffer from penalty.

Did you read Google's this warning? If not then read and then think again about your action.

"This is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, this feature can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. We recommend that you disavow backlinks only if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you. In most cases, Google can assess which links to trust without additional guidance, so most normal or typical sites will not need to use this tool."

more info is here: support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

ya suraj, after reading warning, i decide to update disavow link.

and thanks to thomas for reply.

You have need to performing disvow very carfully . Some time page authority also get down . I agree with above post .

i totally agree with the suraj that if you are sure about that your site content numbe of back links or the low quality links that point tpwards your site but be careful it would be harmful as well if not use in proper way.or i suggest you please consult with professinal person who is master in this disavow

If there are links which are relative to your website. You should first contact the site administrator by requesting them for link removal and if there is no response then disavow those links.

diswov links means remove bad backlinks,which decrease your website rank, from your website.

Well,you are doing the correct thing if you feel tha certain backlinks are spammy you can use your Disavow tool to fight agains them but yes before using the disavow tool try to take those links down first by contacting the owner of the site and then if you still can't take those down, you can use the disavow tool because using those tools has their own disadvantages.

Ok thanks kelly for provide good information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.