i have a site
its page rank is 4
and i want to increase its page rank plz give me your view to how can i increase my page rank

Recommended Answers

All 59 Replies

BTW I assume by page rank you are assuming Google's Page Rank

Increasing Page rank is not a pie on the plate. there are many parameters on which page ranks are calculated.
You can have some quality links on your page and also you should have higher hits on your page so that the page rank increases.

In short and cute
Google is mysterious :D

This is my formula for High page rank and SERP.

Frequent Update with fresh ccontent+Constant link building= High PR or high SERP

PageRank is a mathematical formula that numerically quantifies link popularity. Want higher PageRank? Get more links. Period.

Want to do well in the search results? Forget about PageRankk and focus on adding great unique content to your website and promote it consistently.

Focus on having high ranking in SE (SERPs) than that PR..

Great tips from the expert. Thanks

Hello
First of all.., You must do Keyword research before you write any content in your website. Then wisely Stuffed keywords in the content. Then Indexed the website.
After you website is ready for market, try to get inbound links from related site for yours. Do not get links from absolutely unrelated sites.
Submission to Directories, Articles, Press release, Social Bookmarking... will help increasing your site.

Good luck

Steve

Hello
First of all.., You must do Keyword research before you write any content in your website. Then wisely Stuffed keywords in the content. Then Indexed the website.
After you website is ready for market, try to get inbound links from related site for yours. Do not get links from absolutely unrelated sites.
Submission to Directories, Articles, Press release, Social Bookmarking... will help increasing your site.

Good luck

Steve

1) Never "stuff" keywords into your text. That's just a bad idea. Write quality content that makes sense. Where possible use your keywords but don't force it. Otherwise you lose the chance to gain links from webmasters you would have otherwise liked your content.

2) Article submissions are dead for SEO.

3) Social Bookmarking doesn't help SEO as all of the major social bookmarking sites use nofollow on their links.

Focus on building links (peferably your niche)

PR is all about inbound and outbound links

PageRank is a mathematical formula that numerically quantifies link popularity. Want higher PageRank? Get more links. Period.

Want to do well in the search results? Forget about PageRankk and focus on adding great unique content to your website and promote it consistently.

Wow. Great answer!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Focus not only in a good content to your website but promoting as well like submitting your site to a directory or do some social bookmarkings.

hope this link throws some more light on the running topic. U can download this book for free
http://www.pdfchm.com/book/google-analytics-8159/28147/

the cover page of the book has been attached. I could not attach the whole book because of it's massive size (12MB).

Thanks shouvik.d for your contribution. That thing sounds helpful.

Why i it so important to you?having a high page rank is good if you want to sell links to other ppl, but as far as ranking, its not so important.

However, if you want to get your pr up, work on your link building, get a few high pr links (at list pr7,8) and get listen at DMOZ and other dirs.

Good luck !!

Yeah. PR is not so important. It's more on impressing the visitor when they saw your high PR. The most important is the SERP.

This is my formula for High page rank and SERP.

Frequent Update with fresh ccontent+Constant link building= High PR or high SERP

This is a golden line let me elaborate a bit though:

Fresh Content - We normally follow a tendency to put a META tag named "revisit-after" so many days WHY? This send a message to bot that I will be updating so keep yourself updated. We have to prepare our website before a bot visits in a similar way as we prepare ourselves before some guests is about to visit our home. What happens if you do not care about your guests then I don't think they will value you in a matter of time. Similarily if you request bot to come and then present same old content they will stop caring for your site. There is a slight difference though bots come without we calling them so we have to take extra care to keep them entertaining with fresh content.

Link Building - There is never an end to this topic. You can have 1000's of backlinks and still not find yourself anywhere near the top. I have seen one couple of my websites that only one good backlink can put you on first page. So be careful when you are asking for backlinks couple of points only no brain surgery here:
1. Not too many links go out from that page
2. The page linking to you has some relevance to the theme of your site.
3. Google PR of the page
4. The page does not have "no index no follow" META defined in them
5. Your link does not have "rel=no follow" tag

I suggested that you get more backlinks for your site. Try the link building strategies done by the seo in promoting their site.

well the biggest way is to get sites to link into yours :)

Do regular link building and content refreshment...

And also check all the parameters like internal linking, keyword density, you should not have any unethical method used in the website.

Then, You will definetly get the higher PR.

best of luck.

Do regular link building and content refreshment...

And also check all the parameters like internal linking, keyword density, you should not have any unethical method used in the website.

Then, You will definetly get the higher PR.

best of luck.

You can only increase your PR by getting more links to point to your pages. PR is based on link popularity only. Content and keyword density are not a factor.

You can only increase your PR by getting more links to point to your pages. PR is based on link popularity only. Content and keyword density are not a factor.

Who have told you .... that PR is based on link popularity only...

Who have told you .... that PR is based on link popularity only...

PageRank is published formula. It's all right there in it. No need to guess or speculate about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

PageRank is published formula. It's all right there in it. No need to guess or speculate about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

Is it written by google ??

See this also....http://www.google.com/technology/ where Google writes - "Of course, important pages mean nothing to you if they don't match your query. So, Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching techniques to find pages that are both important and relevant to your search. Google goes far beyond the number of times a term appears on a page and examines dozens of aspects of the page's content (and the content of the pages linking to it) to determine if it's a good match for your query. "

Is it written by google ??

Yes. Did you read that link I posted? It explains everything.

See this also....http://www.google.com/technology/ where Google writes - "Of course, important pages mean nothing to you if they don't match your query. So, Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching techniques to find pages that are both important and relevant to your search. Google goes far beyond the number of times a term appears on a page and examines dozens of aspects of the page's content (and the content of the pages linking to it) to determine if it's a good match for your query. "

They're not talking about PR here. They're talking about ranking pages which is completely different. They even specifically say that PR is one factor in ranking pages.

They're not talking about PR here. They're talking about ranking pages which is completely different. They even specifically say that PR is one factor in ranking pages.

"Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching"

what do you think about it... Is it not related with PR....

"Google combines PageRank with sophisticated text-matching "

what do you think about it... Is it not related with PR....
PR is a factor in the ranking of pages. But that doesn't mean the pages are a factor in PR.

But that doesn't mean the pages are a factor in PR.

Oh really, PR means itself - PageRank - it means rank of the page...

It is only the Page which is for pagerank.

So, your web page should have that kind of quality which could have rank in google.

PageRank is not the same thing as a page's rank. They are two separate things!!!! That's SEO 101!

Buddy I know what is PageRank (Google PageRank) and what's Page Rank (SERP).

My idea is only to recommend a good advice regarding SEO.

You can't have good PageRank as well as Page Rank in Google, if you don't have a good page with relevant content and good linking strategy for the web page or website.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.