I just thought I will start a thread to see how we are using Twitter. There is a lot of hype around Twitter and it has seen a significant growth in user accounts and profiles. I use Twitter for creating a network of web designers in UK and we share links and posts between each other. We have about 1000 followers only but the network is being used regularly.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I use Twitter for promoting my business.

I use twitter to promote my business, my political blog, and as a way of communicating with friends. I think that it will see its greatest value to the business world. In that area, I tweet about press releases, blog updates, event announcements, and other 'breaking news' items.

I have a few different twitter accounts - each one with a different purpose. One for personal and it is locked. The other is for a group I created and the other one is for a cybershow I produce. Different purpose and different people I follow in each twitter account.

I usually set-up multiple twitter accounts for my clients. One in particular is a tech company. One feed is for press release and event announcements, one is for tech alerts and the last one is solely set-up for the CEO so he can tweet his thoughts on various items he finds in the press. Works pretty well for them.

Personally, I only use Twitter for blog update, following what my friends are doing, and let others know about any interesting stuff that I found or did.

I was at an event a few weeks back where an exec from Avaya said that his company was able to close a couple of deals based on leads they got through monitoring twitter and responding to certain tweets. One deal was for $250k.

I'm using twitter for promoting my skincare forum and results have been quite impressive.. and i'm networking all skincare,beauty,makeup members there..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.