1,105,578 Community Members

Weeks Later, What do You Now Think of Bing Powered Yahoo?

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso
1,740 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 57 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 9 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 9 [?]

I spoke with a friend of mine today who complained on how she thought Bing interrupted her user experience while being on Yahoo. She consulted me since I am considered the tech guru. Thus, I wonder if you have heard similar complaints. What are your thoughts?

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso

I have not seen any updated articles on comparing bing with yahoo except this one: http://searchengineland.com/can-bing-change-the-culture-of-online-search-23709

Member Avatar
MktgRob
Nearly a Posting Virtuoso
1,260 posts since May 2009
Reputation Points: 7 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 4 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 8 [?]

I still think that it is a little too early to tell. Once the people who are adamant that there experience does not change because it is what they are used to stop complaining (not that anyone is really listening), the people who will be the power users will come to the fore and be the ones that the Yahoo/Bing people will take notice of.

Member Avatar
ProWriter
Newbie Poster
17 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 2 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I have trouble with Yahoo mail, regardless of which SE I use. The same thing happens when I use FireFox. It's incredibly annoying, been going on for the past few months.

Member Avatar
MktgRob

I have trouble with Yahoo mail, regardless of which SE I use. The same thing happens when I use FireFox. It's incredibly annoying, been going on for the past few months.

Of all the webmail services, Yahoo seems to be the least reliable. I have been using Gmail for a few years now and not only has it been trouble free but if you are using adwords or blogger or google reader you can use the same user name and password for all. Also, Gmail works nicely in FireFox. Keep up to date with the firefox updates and you will find the experience gets better.

Member Avatar
ProWriter
Newbie Poster
17 posts since Jun 2009
Reputation Points: 2 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Of all the webmail services, Yahoo seems to be the least reliable. I have been using Gmail for a few years now and not only has it been trouble free but if you are using adwords or blogger or google reader you can use the same user name and password for all. Also, Gmail works nicely in FireFox. Keep up to date with the firefox updates and you will find the experience gets better.

Thank-you! I have a Gmail account but never use it. If it's that reliable, I think that I'll switch. I wonder if Yahoo has a 'forwarding' option. Going to check that out.

Thanks, again!

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso

With the exception of the 2 hour GMAIL server is down the other day, GMAIL is very reliable and sometimes I find that I get the GMAIL in my blackberry faster than on my desktop.

Member Avatar
MktgRob

What is really nice about Gmail is that if you use any of there other offerings (reader, calendar, blogger, adwords, etc), one single username/password combination takes care of it all. While I am not a big fan of the Google domination in search-engines (too much power with one SE tends to make them arrogant in how they deal with people), they have hit a home run with Gmail and all of the other services tied to it.

Member Avatar
InsightsDigital
Posting Virtuoso

I agree with you Marketing Rob. Until Yahoo/Bing beef up their web based productivity suite like Google did, Google will be king. Thus, Google have the advantage in regards to market share.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: